Home Sports Talk
Options

Pure trash

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,054 ✭✭✭✭✭

What are some of the worst teams in the history of sports? It's time to break out the Lysol, this thread is going to have a foul and unpleasant odor.

Comments

• Options

The 2008 Detroit Lions stunk!
    Oddly enough, they went 4-0 in the preseason, only to stink it up in the regular season and go 0-16

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:
    The 2008 Detroit Lions stunk!
    Oddly enough, they went 4-0 in the preseason, only to stink it up in the regular season and go 0-16

Going winless is automatic induction into the PTHOF (pure trash hall of fame).

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 30, 2020 10:54PM

I had club seats at Ford Field in 2005, 2006 and 2007. The Lions went 3-13, 7-9 and 5-11 during that time. After the 0-16 season my son said to me, “ who knew we were there for the glory years.” After Thanksgiving no one wanted my gifted tickets even though the seats were like $350 a piece. They didn’t want to pay for parking. We left several games before half time.

The only redeeming factor was I won the
    “ lottery” for Super Bowl tickets. I was able to rent my house and sell tickets and it paid for the three seasons plus a ski trip during the Super Bowl since my house was occupied. But, the Joey Harrington era sucked the life out of me. No price to endure that.

mark

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,486 ✭✭✭✭✭

If you want to go way back in baseball history, the Cleveland Spiders have to be “way down there.” In 1899 they compiled a record of 20 wins and 134 losses. Things got so bad that the owner made them play almost all of their games on the road. The average attendance at the 42 games they played at home was 145. They lost a record 101 games on the road, a record that will never be beaten. Overall they were 11 and 101 on the road and 9 and 33 at home. Needless to say, that was Cleveland’s last year in the National League.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭✭✭

"Can't anyone play this game?" The lovable 1962 Mets.

Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,309 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm a Detroit/Atlanta lifer guy....I can't even pick.

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭

The 1990 Patriots were a joke of a team

• Options

Even though they were a new team, the 1976 Tampa Bay Buccaneers stunk, going 0-14, and then lising the first 12 games of the 1977 season. They were an armpit team.

• Options
    coolstanleycoolstanley Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 31, 2020 6:04AM

1990's Buffalo Bills(yes I know not pure trash) but

4 straight SB losses...Ouch

Terry Bradshaw was AMAZING!!

Ignore list -Basebal21

• Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

1988 Orioles setting the record for consecutive losses to start a season at 0-21. George Michael's Faith must have been popular at the time as I recall a parody written about them "Gotta Get to First Base".

• Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,238 ✭✭✭✭✭

How about the Minnesota Timberwolves? Pick almost any year and they sucked.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 31, 2020 7:53AM

There were some seasons with the Phillies whereby you literally could not give tickets away.

It would be rude to accept free tickets and then not go to the game, and deny someone else the chance to go. Therefore nobody would accept the tickets, even if you pleaded with them to take the tickets. LOL

• Options
    Alfonz24Alfonz24 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:
    Even though they were a new team, the 1976 Tampa Bay Buccaneers stunk, going 0-14, and then lising the first 12 games of the 1977 season. They were an armpit team.

Coach John McKay asked by a reporter after a loss about his team's execution, he said he was in favor of it.

#LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of “buying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.
  • Options
    Alfonz24Alfonz24 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭✭✭

The '26 Reading Keystones finished 31-129 (.194) and a minor league-record 75 games out of first place.
    The '26 Keystones had losing streaks of 14, 15 and 23 games - and they'd have a 32-game losing streak and 43-123 (.259) record the following year.

#LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of “buying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.
  • Options
    coolstanleycoolstanley Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭✭

Pittsburgh Pirates

Have failed to win a playoff series since the 70's.

Terry Bradshaw was AMAZING!!

Ignore list -Basebal21

• Options
    TabeTabe Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:
    Even though they were a new team, the 1976 Tampa Bay Buccaneers stunk, going 0-14, and then lising the first 12 games of the 1977 season.

Reporter: Coach McKay, what do you think of your team's execution?

John McKay: I'm in favor of it!

• Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,252 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Bills went 1-13 in 1968 earning a right to draft OJ Simpson.
    Oddly enough their only win came against Super Bowl winner NY Jets. They intercepted Namath 5 times. There were some pretty lean years until the 90’s for Bills fans.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭

The 2003 Tigers come to mind. Only won 43 games.