Home U.S. Coin Forum

Talk about "Anticipation", Package #5. Final one! Once again, Bad News...

joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 14,787 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 23, 2021 11:03AM in U.S. Coin Forum

As I speak, I'm sitting, waiting and anticipating all my coins to come back at least close to what I expect! This time, I'm expecting 4 separate deliveries. Three from our Host and one delivery from a dear friend. For all you guy's that know my normal routine when I submit coins, no, they're not all one coin submissions. Lol. All are multiple coin packages except one. Can't wait. You guy's know the feeling. First, of your coins making it safely during both routes. Then the grades. My biggest graded coin I'm hoping can turn out to be my BIGGEST reward in Cherry Picking! Were talking in the 4 figures. Wish me luck guy's. Thank you. :)

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.

Comments

• shortnockshortnock Posts: 369 ✭✭✭

Well....goooooodddd luck.

• NumisOxideNumisOxide Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭✭

Goodluck!

• d9lowed9lowe Posts: 304 ✭✭✭✭

I have never sent a coin in for grading myself, but the experience sounds intense! Cant wait!!

• kazkaz Posts: 9,052 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good luck on the grades!

• JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,767 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good luck!

• DollarAfterDollarDollarAfterDollar Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭✭✭

Fortunately, there hasn't been that much going on this year and even economy submissions have been very fast. Good luck with your submissions.

If you do what you always did, you get what you always got.
  • joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 14,787 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DollarAfterDollar said:
    Fortunately, there hasn't been that much going on this year and even economy submissions have been very fast. Good luck with your submissions.

Thanks! Yeah, you're right. Even the low shipping has been very prompt. I shouldn't jinx it, right? Lol :o

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.

@d9lowe said:
    I have never sent a coin in for grading myself, but the experience sounds intense! Cant wait!!

Yes! It truly is. You should try it, guarantee it will make your heart pound. This hobby is the best! Esp. In the awful times were living in these days. :)

• oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 30, 2020 8:40PM

Good luck with your submission and be sure to show off your results!

I have a couple orders myself with our host...I don't care for the waiting game at all! My regular service order, reholder / variety attribution has posted and they got it right! Woo-hoo! Now for the economy service order.

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug...

Good for you, dude. Happy for ya! ;)

• ShaunBC5ShaunBC5 Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good luck! I hope it turns out just right!

• johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,411 ✭✭✭✭✭

All the best (I hate the waiting as well)

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Best of luck with your submission....I know you will report it here, so I look forward to that post. Cheers, RickO

• AercusAercus Posts: 381 ✭✭✭✭

Good luck! Love your enthusiasm, it's what keeps this hobby going!

Aercus Numismatics - Certified coins for sale

• HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good luck. Keep your fingers crossed.

• thebeavthebeav Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hope it works to your advantage !

Yippie! Just got Package #1. This one is personal from a friend! Three more to get fired up about! Nothing to show from this Package but the other Three, I 'll keep ya guy's posted and to display them. Thanks!
    Package #1 of 4.

• HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭

What was in it? I see a quarter? Why keep us in suspense?

edited August 4, 2020 2:45PM

Today, I got word from our Host that they received my last submission! Yippie. Knowing all my submissions (3) made it safely to PCGS, brings peace of mind. At least half way. ;)

It is a relief when the order is marked "Received".

The service process has its highs and lows; you order moves along a bit...stalls...moves a little bit...stalls...then momentum kicks and its out the door.

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug...

Yes guys, my second submission has arrived. Most of you already know how I feel about this one. Not so exciting. Here it is;

Two down (packages) two to go. Actually, 3 to go. I just submitted another one, (Walker "missing initials " variety crossover) Hope I can get more excited about the next 3, unlike the one I got today? Thanks guy's :/

Was it shipped back to you USPS or UPS?

@oih82w8 said:
    Was it shipped back to you USPS or UPS?

Always UPS, with a signature requirement.

Thank you, it's been a while since my last submission. My submission form just states: "Return Carrier - Insured shipping"

edited August 17, 2020 2:01PM

I'm jealous, my brother and sister's coins, got a XF Detail. I didn't. :/

Those are pretty cool mementos!

edited August 19, 2020 4:51PM

A new box for the 4 coins, (hic) I mean 5.
    My Dealer friend, Joe Ridzy (Lagrange Coins) gave this wonderful wooden box to me as a gift! Whata guy, huh? The only problem is there are to be 5 "Dad's Dollar" slabs to complete the set, not 4. Lol. Oh well, he knows this. He said, if my other sister did end up selling the coin, then it would be a 4 coin set, not 5. Which means, all I would need is one more, not two!

Sorry, in our wedding picture, that's my father-in-law. Lol
    Here is my Dad, with Mom, next to us at my brother's wedding.

edited September 17, 2020 6:53PM

Got word (grades) concerning Package #4. NOT GOOD! :'( ALL 4 Coins I submitted, were graded 1 grade lower than I wanted or without the FB designation. Yes, All coins are really worth less than my submission fee. One more grade or a FB designation, would have placed the coins in the $300-$400 range. Instead, the $15-$25 range. Urrrg. Oh well, learn from your mistakes, right? I think this outcome will keep me away from any submission forms for quite some time.
    One more package to receive in my original post that talks about "Anticipation." Now, my Anticipation has dropped to an all time low. :/

• ChrisH821ChrisH821 Posts: 6,293 ✭✭✭✭✭

@joeykoins said:
    Got word (grades) concerning Package #4. NOT GOOD! :'( ALL 4 Coins I submitted, were graded 1 grade lower than I wanted or without the FB designation. Yes, All coins are really worth less than my submission fee. One more grade or a FB designation, would have placed the coins in the $300-$400 range. Instead, the $15-$25 range. Urrrg. Oh well, learn from your mistakes, right? I think this outcome will keep me away from any submission forms for quite some time.
    One more package to receive in my original post that talks about "Anticipation." Now, my Anticipation has dropped to an all time low. :/

Them's the breaks sometimes. We've all had our disappointments.

Collector, occasional seller

Yeah, just got an email from our host concerning my last submission out of the 5 I originally sent. Yep, and once again BAD NEWS! :/ The variety I thought I sent in, wasn't a variety after all. The NGC Walker Half, I thought was a "Missing Initials", turned out not to be. So they asked If I still wanted to cross it over, I said, Yes. What the heck. It was a ms 64 NGC, it will probably come back a ms 63? But then again, the way things have been going for me lately, it probably will come back a ms 62, or lower. Lol. Oh well. :/

• vplite99vplite99 Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for a interesting story and pictures. It had everything - a start that made you want to "see page 2", a plot twist or 2, and an instructive if not totally happy ending. I guess the dime was your homerun shot.

Nice of PCGS to provide the "Dad's Dollar" designation.

Vplite99

@vplite99 said:

I guess the dime was your homerun shot.

Nice of PCGS to provide the "Dad's Dollar" designation.

Yes, and no. Thanks. Yes, towards my "Dad's Dollar's". but no, as to the Dime. The real treasure, besides my Dad's coins, it's the first Package. That nobody seen, was my real treasure Package. Thanks to all you guy's. <3
    One more thing... I am expecting one more Package from one of my most recent submission. This one some of you will be surprised to see. Me too! I'll keep you posted. Lol. ;)

edited September 23, 2020 10:35AM

Package #4 has arrived. Here are my 4 disappointments.

Ms 66. NO FB

Ms 65 FS

Ms 66

Pf. 66

If the 1965 Washington came back one more grade up, I would have considered this submission not too bad. Come to think of it, if all 4 came back one grade up, this would have been a fantastic submission. But, whatever? :*
    I do in fact, enjoy my toned Roosevelt.

That's a great looking Quarter! ...the other three are pretty nice as well. A blue box? My last two submissions were the "black boxes". If we always get what we wanted, we would eventually be disappointed that we got what we received. I am sure that I am plagiarizing someone.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file