Home U.S. Coin Forum

"Package acceptance pending"

ChrisH821ChrisH821 Posts: 6,292 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not strictly coin related but it is a coin delivery... Does anyone know what this status is? I've never seen it on a tracking history and this one has been stuck for 3 days.

July 27, 2020, 12:15 pm
Shipment Received, Package Acceptance Pending
ARLINGTON, TX 76013
Your shipment was received at 12:15 pm on July 27, 2020 in ARLINGTON, TX 76013. The acceptance of your package is pending.

July 27, 2020, 12:03 pm
USPS in possession of item
ARLINGTON, TX 76013

July 25, 2020, 6:44 am
Shipping Label Created, USPS Awaiting Item
ARLINGTON, TX 76013

Thanks

Collector, occasional seller

Comments

• MWallaceMWallace Posts: 3,832 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 30, 2020 8:39AM

Google the phrase "Shipment Received, Package Acceptance Pending". Lots of explanations online but here's a good, simple explanation.

"Package acceptance pending does not mean your item arrived at the post office.
    Sellers drop of their BULK shipment at the post office, that bulk shipment has been marked as received as one bulk shipment , BUT the seller could have not included your item in the bulk shipment, in which case your item never arrived at the post office. The seller will say it shipped when in reality it never made it to the post office."

• zas107zas107 Posts: 822 ✭✭✭

The package has been accepted. Weird way of saying it. Had a priority mail package stuck for 8 days in that status but it finally moved.

• coinpalicecoinpalice Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭✭✭

i bought something about a year ago with that same tracking information, it ended up taking 3 months to arrive, i guess usps found the package laying under a machine. acceptance pending is one thing, they just printed a shipping label and didn't drop it off at the post office yet, Shipment Received, Package Acceptance Pending is not a good sign stuck for 3 days

• coinpalicecoinpalice Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭✭✭

i might be wrong, but it sounds like the package was shipped at a usps store, not at a usps post office. usps stores lose a lot of packages

• ChrisH821ChrisH821 Posts: 6,292 ✭✭✭✭✭

Interesting. Thanks!

• JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,763 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think each USPS office has their own way of doing things. ;)

• bolivarshagnastybolivarshagnasty Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭✭✭

My registered mail package from CAC has sat in Jamaica NY for 8 days. Got to be a better way.

• cucamongacoincucamongacoin Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭

Registered package, accepted in Boston on July 9th, finally says "out for delivery" today, 07/30. Worst service option ever.

<a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.ebay.com/sch/cucamo...?_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc="> MY EBAY
  • derrybderryb Posts: 36,108 ✭✭✭✭✭

@cucamongacoin said:
    Registered package, accepted in Boston on July 9th, finally says "out for delivery" today, 07/30. Worst service option ever.

Remember for every slow one there's a fast one. Just had a registered delivered 5 states away in 4 days.

The decline from democracy to tyranny is both a natural and inevitable one.

The postal employees are understaffed and over worked at the moment. People are at home ordering things they would normally just go to the store and buy. A friend of mine that is a carrier was averaging 67 packages a day this time last year. Now he averages over 300 per day. Delays are to be expected.

@MWallace said:
    The postal employees are understaffed and over worked at the moment. People are at home ordering things they would normally just go to the store and buy. A friend of mine that is a carrier was averaging 67 packages a day this time last year. Now he averages over 300 per day. Delays are to be expected.

Agree, I've just never seen this status before. I won't worry for another few days.

@ChrisH821 said:

@MWallace said:

Agree, I've just never seen this status before. I won't worry for another few days.

I mailed a package out to a board member on July 13th. After that day, no scans and package wasn't received. After 15 days I can file a claim so I sat down JUST THIS MORNING and filed one online. Lo and Behold a couple of hours later it showed up at the post office of the person I sent it to and was later delivered.

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Package shipments are very dicey right now.... air shipments are very spotty...nothing like pre-pandemic. Cheers, RickO

• grote15grote15 Posts: 29,477 ✭✭✭✭✭

Did you wind up getting the package?

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • jdimmickjdimmick Posts: 9,583 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ive herd this before when folks use that scan sheet that has all of the packages tracking numbers that are being dropped off at once where they scan the entry sheet, drop off, but until the actual package it self is scanned at a later time, it doesnt adjust in the system. Apparently, for some reason, this package wasn't actually scanned. I dont use this method, I have them scan each package individually, although several locations are lazy and hate doing it.
    Sometimes on Monday when i have a lot going out, Ill stop at three diff po's and spread them out over several clerks to avoid it

@grote15 said:
    Did you wind up getting the package?

Yes I did, it took a week or so to start moving. Thanks for asking

• derrybderryb Posts: 36,108 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MWallace said:

And the holidays are not yet here. :o

The decline from democracy to tyranny is both a natural and inevitable one.

• Tom147Tom147 Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've had this message several times. The majority of the time package shows " item shipped " within a day or two. Also after receiving this message have had it not show any additional movement for several days, then shows " out for delivery. I don't try to understand it.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file