Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

How Many Coin Related Web Browser Windows/Tabs Do You Have Open on Your Computer?

keyman64keyman64 Posts: 15,456 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have 52 open at the moment but sometimes it reaches 60 or so. I frequently go through each one and refresh several times per day, some more than others. If we were to add other apps like Photoshop, FileZilla for FTP, etc my list would grow even higher.

"If it's not fun, it's not worth it." - KeyMan64
Looking for Top Pop Mercury Dime Varieties & High Grade Mercury Dime Toners. :smile:

Comments

• Options
    bearcavebearcave Posts: 3,993 ✭✭✭✭✭

I only have 3. boy am I behind! :)

Ken
  • Options
    ShaunBC5ShaunBC5 Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭✭✭

only 3 for me...but I'm at work.

• Options

@ShaunBC5 said:
    only 3 for me...but I'm at work.

Yup, I can understand that. If I were at work, it would be zero and just a few tabs on my phone.

Looking for Top Pop Mercury Dime Varieties & High Grade Mercury Dime Toners. :smile:
  • Options
    CoinJunkieCoinJunkie Posts: 8,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

Currently ten, with another for US Currency (Track & Price).

• Options

@bearcave said:
    I only have 3. boy am I behind! :)

There are lots of things that I am actively looking for right now so it makes my life much easier.
    4 Forums, 3 eBay, USPS, 4 Auction Houses, 11 for PCGS for what amounts to crazy reasons I am sure, PayPal, 26 Dealer Websites and a couple of others.

• Options
    oldabeintxoldabeintx Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭✭✭

• Options
    1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

One

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• Options
    TurtleCatTurtleCat Posts: 4,592 ✭✭✭✭✭

Usually only this one when I have one open. Typically doing mobile with this site and easier doing one tab at a time.

• Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭

I just asked my oldest granddaughter what is a "tab?" She's 12 years old. She did her best to explain it to me. We got on the computer. Pushed all the buttons......I still don't know what a tab is. And I don't really care. I'm computer hopeless!

• Options

@Hydrant said:
    I just asked my oldest granddaughter what is a "tab?" She's 12 years old. She did her best to explain it to me. We got on the computer. Pushed all the buttons......I still don't know what a tab is. And I don't really care. I'm computer hopeless!

If you open up a web browser, that is one browser window. If you press the + symbol at the top you can open up another "tab" and go to another website on that tab instead of just opening an entirely new web browser window. That's probably the best I can explain it.

• Options
    CoinJunkieCoinJunkie Posts: 8,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ctrl-t is the keyboard shortcut to open a new browser tab. FYI. Ctrl-w nukes the current tab.

• Options
    StellaStella Posts: 689 ✭✭✭✭

I do not like having more than 10 or so tabs open at a time. However, since coins are my work, most of my browser tabs are numismatic a majority of the time!

Coin collector since childhood and New York Numismatist at Heritage Auctions.
  • Options
    pointfivezeropointfivezero Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭✭✭

Usually one at a time but I have 24 sites bookmarked...

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've got 100+ sites bookmarked. I usually need to move thru 5-6 at a time. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options
    WalkerfanWalkerfan Posts: 8,973 ✭✭✭✭✭

I keep a lot open on my phone and tablet but not on my PC.

“I may not believe in myself but I believe in what I’m doing” ~Jimmy Page~

My Full Walker Registry Set (1916-1947)

https://www.ngccoin.com/registry/competitive-sets/16292/

• Options
    LanLordLanLord Posts: 11,681 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have a total of 34 tabs open, but only 4 are coin related.

• Options
    JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,813 ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe 8.

• Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 29, 2020 6:38PM

@keyman64 said:

@Hydrant said:

If you open up a web browser, that is one browser window. If you press the + symbol at the top you can open up another "tab" and go to another website on that tab instead of just opening an entirely new web browser window. That's probably the best I can explain it.

Thanks, keyman64. I will take your advice.......But here's the real problem. I can't even figure out how to turn the T.V. on. Yesterday, 4 year old Hydrant Joey showed me how to turn the volume up. We were watching SPONGE BOB SQUARE PANTS! .......SWEET BABY JESUS!..............It will be dusk here on the ranch in about an hour.........then......... I'm taking little Hydrant Joey out ......gonna' shoot some varmits! I got my 12 guage.....he's got his B.B. gun. He tells me that he's going to be a hunter when he grows up...... I tell him that he already is one....... Walk softly...keep your mouth shut. LOOK OUT!!!!!!

P.S. Little Hydrant Joey is a YN too. He likes pennies and is learning to read the dates. Start 'em young!

• Options
    messydeskmessydesk Posts: 19,698 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks like 6 browser tabs, but there are also 5 instances of Windows Explorer, Access (my attribution service database), Photoshop, 2 Excel files, a Cygwin shell, my labeling software, and two instances of vim, all of which are coin related, so 19 total.

• Options
    SmudgeSmudge Posts: 9,250 ✭✭✭✭✭

7 now.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Usually just one... this one. Sometimes, when I am looking for something specific, I may have two or three open, but that is rare since I usually close one before opening another. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    ChangeInHistoryChangeInHistory Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭✭✭

@keyman64 said:
    I have 52 open at the moment but sometimes it reaches 60 or so. I frequently go through each one and refresh several times per day, some more than others. If we were to add other apps like Photoshop, FileZilla for FTP, etc my list would grow even higher.

At that stage, it's time for another monitor! 🙂

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file