Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins
Options

1982 Small Date Zinc, DDR, Fresh Find

Im throwing this out there for the real Lincoln Cent or Registry Set Collector. This coin has never sold at auction, they will be hard if not impossible to find and the price is only going to go up.This one i found was like hitting the lottery.Serious buyers only because i will drive the coin to you if you wish to purchase it. That way no bull...no mixups...no whatever these scammers on ebay do. 10,000 firm.

t

Comments

• Options

well, ..not trying to stereotype ebay salespeople. I should have said Etsy, or Mercri.....or whatever the name of that other site you see everytime you google a coin. 50,000 dollars for a 1992 no mint mark penny....lol

• Options
    RelaxnRelaxn Posts: 875 ✭✭✭✭

Sorry brother or even close.

You do not have a Double die coin.

• Options

Die State,...Die Markers. ...are you familiar with either. I posted the pics that have the markers. All spot on, This coin is EDS on the reverse.

• Options

Zinc coins are also very difficult coins to pin point DDOs and DDRs, since the doubling will be more thickness of the lettering and a smushy like look to some details.

• Options

The 3 last pictures are all obverse, these are to show die markers. You will see no doubling on these. Also the die crack at the doubled designers initials is a marker...lol..know your stuff before chiming in. If i had been a novice collector I may have taken a very expensive coin and tossed it thinking i had nothing.

• Options

1982p-1DR-001...FS-01-1982-801....WDDR-002

• Options
    DCWDCW Posts: 6,977 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very nice pictures of a very normal Lincoln Cent. Sorry, but you haven't hit the lottery just yet! Do not focus on die markers unless you actually have doubling, which your coin does not. What is the point of trying to match the die scratches on the obverse if you are lacking the doubled die on the reverse??
    For anyone wishing to see the real McCoy, the doubling is most prevalent on E Pluribus Unum:

Dead Cat Waltz Exonumia
    "Coin collecting for outcasts..."

• Options

Really, this site is full of people who have no clue what they are talking about. So im assuming when you cherrypick for error varieties, you print out a picture and go by that and nothing else,,,like you said "what good are die markers, if it doesnt look like this picture i pulled up off of the internet of a coin in EMDS, what if the coin is in LDS, or perhaps MDS, or EDS....which mine is. Yes, the motto will start to show doubling like your pic after the die deteriorates from EDS to EMDS. At the time my coin was struck it was still showing a full spiderweb of die scratches in the center,and it was only beginning to show the doubling in the E of states...

class is over, any questions. now i think i want 11,000 dollars

• Options

I want to stress my point again. Die Markers are a very important thing when it comes to double dies...especially when it comes to a coin as tricky to spot as this one. Zinc deteriorates, blisters, flakes, does all kind of crazy things to a coin.You will never find this coin trying to go by a 25 year old picture...

• Options
    bolivarshagnastybolivarshagnasty Posts: 7,350 ✭✭✭✭✭

Look Frank, DCW and I have been into Lincoln varieties for a very long time. I picked the first 72 DDO Die 4 coin that PCGS attributed years ago. DCW had a treasure trove of Lincoln varieties at one time. Your coin in no way matches the pictures provided in the Volume 6 Cherry Pickers guide, including the one DCW posted above. The "E" in UNITED should have a very strong doubled middle bar as well as other PUP's. Yours does not. If you still don't believe us, then send it in to one of the TPG's for attribution and let us know how it goes. Your not going to find any suckers here on the forums. It would be unscrupulous to sell this coin as a DDR anywhere else.

• Options
    RelaxnRelaxn Posts: 875 ✭✭✭✭

I do not need to prove my ability in dealing/viewing/finding Lincoln varieties.
    You know it is not what you think it is or you would not be in a chat forum hard selling the BS story. You would have had it graded/slabbed and prepared for a true sale.

Stop, with the noise. The coin in the photo is not the DDR you are trying to convince people it is. How do we know ? Because the combined experience of the people who have responded to you is well over 75 years.
    A). If you are going to be hunting varieties learn humility and enlist a mentor. Makes a world of difference.
    B). If this is the part of numismatics that you want to engage in then learn learn learn. Silence is a virtue. Learn it do not tout it.
    C.). If you hit the homerun. Get it slabbed/confirmed and then start a marketing plan on getting your rare new to the market find out there.
    D). The PCGS forums are where the sharks are. It does you know good to come in here trying to chum the waters looking for a victim to peddle your falsehoods.

Good luck

J

• Options
    KliaoKliao Posts: 5,471 ✭✭✭✭✭

@frankstony16 said:
    Really, this site is full of people who have no clue what they are talking about.

This site is where the experts are. There is no point in arguing with them as many have spent their whole life in a particular area. If they say it’s not the DDR then it’s really not the DDR. Now just move on and good luck with your search.

Young Numismatist/collector
    75 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 45 members and counting!
    instagram.com/klnumismatics

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭✭✭

Somebody needs to take a chill pill. 8 visits in and.....wassup? Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall