I think the mood here requires this sort of ball. :D

• Options
    metalmeistermetalmeister Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭✭✭

My Crystal Ball is a little cloudy.

email: ccacollectibles@yahoo.com

100% Positive BST transactions
  • Options
    2ndCharter2ndCharter Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have no idea short term. However, with the total debt approaching $30 Trillion and climbing, the long term trend can only be up.

Member ANA, SPMC, SCNA, FUN, CONECA

• Options
    maplemanmapleman Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭✭✭

Magic 8 ball

• Options
    WillieBoyd2WillieBoyd2 Posts: 5,037 ✭✭✭✭✭

:)

https://www.brianrxm.com
    The Mysterious Egyptian Magic Coin
    Coins in Movies
    Coins on Television

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,203 ✭✭✭✭✭

It doesn't take a crystal ball.

As paper money dies

Hidden in this gem we find the reason why banks, bankers and central banks will stop at nothing to prevent PMs from shining. We already know that governments do not want competition with their fiat currency, which explains why they turn a blind eye to illegalities:

"No asset manager is interested in protecting their clients’ assets by investing in the ultimate form of wealth preservation which of course is physical gold. The reason is very simple. Goldman’s private wealth management like all other asset managers are not interested in holding physical gold for their clients for the simple reason that the bank can’t earn sufficient revenue on just holding client gold. Instead they want to put expensive proprietary products and their own managed funds into client portfolios and also buy and sell shares regularly to churn commissions."

Keep an open mind, or get financially repressed -Zoltan Pozsar

• Options
    blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,452 ✭✭✭✭✭

@derryb said:
    It doesn't take a crystal ball.

As paper money dies

Hidden in this gem we find the reason why banks, bankers and central banks will stop at nothing to prevent PMs from shining. We already know that governments do not want competition with their fiat currency, which explains why they turn a blind eye to illegalities:

"No asset manager is interested in protecting their clients’ assets by investing in the ultimate form of wealth preservation which of course is physical gold. The reason is very simple. Goldman’s private wealth management like all other asset managers are not interested in holding physical gold for their clients for the simple reason that the bank can’t earn sufficient revenue on just holding client gold. Instead they want to put expensive proprietary products and their own managed funds into client portfolios and also buy and sell shares regularly to churn commissions."

Paper money is not dying, it will far outlive you and I. Layoff the Bulgarian spam. Step outside and take a breath of fresh air, cripes try enjoy life a little. There is much more to this world than doom and gloom.

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

• Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,621 ✭✭✭✭✭

Goldman’s private wealth management like all other asset managers are not interested in holding physical gold for their clients for the simple reason that the bank can’t earn sufficient revenue on just holding client gold

Or perhaps a more logical and reasonable assertion would be that those managers want to stay employed, and investing in an asset that has historically had long droughts of underperformance does translate into a successful and tenured career.

Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options
    edited August 8, 2020 7:51AM

@blitzdude said:

Paper money is not dying, it will far outlive you and I.

Like one of your amigos says, "charts don't lie." Ironically the chart shows the full realm of FED dollar management.

• Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looking at your chart, are you saying the "Fed dollar management" was "best" in 1929-1933, when the line moves up? Is that the "right" direction?

And "worst" in 1983-2011, when it was moving steadily in a straight line down and to the right?

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

As for crystal balls, never had any.

Have been told that my Mind is like a steel trap...

Rusty and has a chewed-off coyote leg in it!

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options

@Baley said:
    Looking at your chart, are you saying the "Fed dollar management" was "best" in 1929-1933, when the line moves up? Is that the "right" direction?

And "worst" in 1983-2011, when it was moving steadily in a straight line down and to the right?

Appears the Great Depression strengthened dollar. Bet the Greater Depression won't have the same effect.

• Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,842 ✭✭✭✭✭

Balls of steel. Heart of gold. Some kind of metal head.