Home Metal Detecting
Options

Little bit warm

It's a little bit warm here in southern Arizona to go swinging the coil.

Comments

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

No doubt about that....I lived in Phoenix for 8 years....Loved it and the heat never bothered me. My buddy, who lives in Scottsdale, told me they have not had any rain at all yet this summer. Monsoon season should be hitting soon though... Cheers, RickO

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,673 ✭✭✭✭✭

@metaldetectinghound3 Yup, 100+ here too. I am working a forest area with tall tree shade. This is my "oyster cove". 100+ IHC and wheaties and still giving it up. Have a good day. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options

Hello Ricko & Roy,
    Ricko, I don't mind the hot weather either. I just couldn't see swinging the coil in that heat though. We live a little south of Tucson. Lived here full time for over twelve years. We were snowbirds from Loveland, Colorado for four years before making the permanent move. I love snow, but only on postcards LOL I look forward to your posts. Your last one was at 6:32 AM. I never knew there was such an hour.

Roy, Excellent pictures of the "Oyster Cove" It really looks like a good place to detect. It is amazing all those IHC's you find. With all those, one would think you might find a Morgan or two there. It also looks like it would be easy digging too. Do you use a crowbar to move the fallen timbers? I look forward to your findings. Hope it continues for you.

Here is a picture of me, the metaldetectinghound, and my lovely wife. It was taken in 2012 when I was 79 and she was 72.

https://us.v-cdn.net/6027503/uploads/editor/zg/7k0yo3uy5zde.jpg

The cross she is wearing in the photo I found in a soccer field. It is gold color and stamped 14K on the back, but we think it might be brass. Either way, it was a good find. She loves it and wears it often. We were told that it is a Russian Orthodox cross.
    Ken

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,673 ✭✭✭✭✭

This spot was definitely a rest area for men and women where fresh water oysters were eaten in large quantities. I've got an assortment of jewelry soaking in mineral oil that I'll post soon. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options

@metaldetectinghound3....Nice picture of you and your wife.... Yes, I usually get up around six....always liked the morning hours....go to bed around 11 (at night :D )....Never nap... I retired in '08 and now I do not know how I found the time to work.... Well, I still work a bit... some consulting, and at a shooting range as instructor and RSO. Cheers, RickO

• Options

@ricko
    You mentioned that your friend in Scottsdale said they virtually had no rain this year. Its that way over almost the entire state. Ths average rainfall in Tucson From January 1 to August 1 is 2,66" per year. This year it is .66". Way below average. Our forecasts say the monsoon season will be far below average this year. I keep looking for clouds but, don't see many. Ken

• Options

@metaldetectinghound3 ... Wow... that is significant.... going to affect the water table for sure. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

Fourth straight day of 95 degrees here in Bean town
    Boston

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date