Home Precious Metals
Options

Can't believe I'm saying this . . . One Gold Eagle - or - one Platinum Eagle and $1,000 cash???

OverdateOverdate Posts: 6,936 ✭✭✭✭✭

Gold $1920.70
Platinum $920

Unreal!

My Adolph A. Weinman signature :)

Comments

• Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,310 ✭✭✭✭✭

Or a Pd eagle and no cash!
    I am a fan of the gold eagle right now.

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options
    maplemanmapleman Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭✭✭

Buffalos for me these days.

• Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,310 ✭✭✭✭✭

Amen to that. I have never regretted any of the buffaloes starting back in 2006.
    And 2008, that was a wonderful year.

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

Platinum looks like a real bargain..
    Until you see the premium it costs abive spot to own an actual platinum coin, and the huge spread the market rise must cover before you break even, never mind making competitive profit.

One can play the futures market I suppose, but it's sad to spend yer life energy on what in the long run amounts to a video game.

I'd rather play Hold 'em

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

Platinum and $1000 for me !!! 👍

Timbuk3
  • Options
    DeutscherGeistDeutscherGeist Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭✭

Platinum seems to be the PM left behind all this. We are hearing about Silver and gold making moves.

"So many of our DREAMS at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we SUMMON THE WILL they soon become INEVITABLE "- Christopher Reeve

BST: Tennessebanker, Downtown1974, LarkinCollector, nendee
  • Options
    Downtown1974Downtown1974 Posts: 6,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 27, 2020 5:07AM

Normally I would go for the gold but since I do not own any platinum, I’ll take the platinum eagle.
    Then I would take the $1,000 and buy a $5 gold half eagle and a couple of New York strips to grill on the deck tonight.

• Options
    maplemanmapleman Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MilesWaits said:
    Amen to that. I have never regretted any of the buffaloes starting back in 2006.
    And 2008, that was a wonderful year.

That they are ad I'm adding to the herd. I have a bunch of eagles but moved to buffs for the added liquidity / utility of Their purity.
    If and when travel becomes convienent again it's back to Europe for me.

• Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭✭✭

At todays prices I'll take the plat and cash.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am staying with gold... and to a lessor degree, silver. Because of some deals I made during the last peak run up, and the fact that most of my gold was obtained at (what is now perceived as) bargain basement prices, I am in a very comfortable position, and see no need to add either platinum or palladium. Cheers, RickO