Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Would you rather have the Trout super or the 1968 ryan in psa 10?

as for me, I will take the Ryan. I am definitely more collector than dealer though.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

Comments

• CooptownCooptown Posts: 397 ✭✭✭

Should have created a poll.

68 Ryan for Me.

• brad31brad31 Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭✭✭

1968 Ryan

• JBrulesJBrules Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭✭✭

68 Ryan.

• FINESTKINDFINESTKIND Posts: 374 ✭✭✭

I'd take the 68 Ryan.

• sjjs28sjjs28 Posts: 444 ✭✭✭

68 Ryan every day and twice on Sunday's

Steve Saldutti
    sjjs28@comcast.net
    Collector of 1964 Topps Stand Ups, 1965 Embossed, 1968 Topps Game and 1969 Topps Decals
    Registered Sets: 1964 Stand Ups, 1965 Embossed, 1968 Topps Game, 1969 Topps Decals
  • dan89dan89 Posts: 484 ✭✭✭✭✭

It’s not even a question Ryan

• craig44craig44 Posts: 10,506 ✭✭✭✭✭

sounds like an overwhelming amount of vintage collectors here

• mccardguy1mccardguy1 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭

If you are talking about value I would rather have the Trout as he is still playing and the future value is still undetermined. And even though I am a full on vintage collector I would still rather have the Trout because I have just never loved the look of the '68 Topps set and that card in particular.

I am on a budget and I am not afraid to use it!!
  • craig44craig44 Posts: 10,506 ✭✭✭✭✭

that is an interesting take. if you took the trout, it could be sold and the proceeds put towards more vintage.

• picklepetepicklepete Posts: 414 ✭✭✭✭

Ryan ! But I am a Mets fan.

Still give me the vintage over shiny new stuff..

• BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,014 ✭✭✭✭✭

Would have to see the Ryan first. To decide if it is a 10 to my liking. As we all know all 10's are not deemed equal. Was never a fan of the 68 design.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,908 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'd take the Ryan. It's an iconic card and to have it in a PSA 10 would be ridiculous. If I had that PSA 10 Ryan, I'd ask it to marry me.

• brad31brad31 Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭✭✭

I bet if you asked the same question on Blowout it would be overwhelming for the Trout. The hobby is super strong now with enough deep pockets for every segment.

• mexpo75mexpo75 Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭

Ryan. Hate the Mets, love the Ryan.

PackManInNC
  • handymanhandyman Posts: 5,243 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ryan, Who is the other guy?

• WFFLWFFL Posts: 494 ✭✭✭

Ryan all day. Maybe it is my age, but something about a 52 year old piece of cardboard that makes me lean heavy that way. No offense meant to Trout at all.

Or the popcorn girl

PackManInNC

I'd have a better chance with her...

PackManInNC
  • UFFDAHUFFDAH Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MLlBdays if I offered you $11.8 million and a bag of Wisconsin cheese curds would you take it??

• Bobby24Bobby24 Posts: 51 ✭✭

I would take the Trout for the simple reason I despise multi player rookie cards...especially if one of the players is a convicted felon. If the Ryan was a year later and solo player card like the 69 Reggie Jackson, I would be all over it.

• ElvisPElvisP Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭

@Bobby24 said:
    I would take the Trout for the simple reason I despise multi player rookie cards...especially if one of the players is a convicted felon. If the Ryan was a year later and solo player card like the 69 Reggie Jackson, I would be all over it.

That’s exactly why you take the Ryan as his greatness and legacy will never get worse. Trout has time to to decline. Even if he continues to have a great career it is very doubtful he will be on the same legendary status as Ryan.

My friend caught Trout’s first career MLB homer. He gave it back to him for a signed item and a handshake.

Same buddy also got close to catching Jeter’s 3,000 hit which was a homer and ended up getting Arod’s 3,000 hit.

I can only imagine the worth of Trout’s first MLB dinger.

• stevebaystevebay Posts: 289 ✭✭✭

I know the Ryan is Pop 1, but what happens if in 10 years, it is a Pop 3 or Pop 5 card? There is only 1 Superfractor, but there can always be more PSA 10 Ryan's in the future?

• Jack131Jack131 Posts: 66 ✭✭

I'll take the Trout, but here is the Ryan. Thanks.

• GreenSneakersGreenSneakers Posts: 908 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 27, 2020 4:56AM

@Bobby24 said:

especially if one of the players is a convicted felon.

You’re talking about Koosman’s tax conviction? Splitting hairs, but it was a misdemeanor not a felony. That doesn’t impact me at all, nor I suspect the value of the Ryan card widely.

Now, if it was someone like John Wetteland on the card ....

• CoarsegoldCoarsegold Posts: 132 ✭✭✭

I would want to check history of ownership before making a decision. After reading about the Ryan on another thread,I would go with the Mikey Trout.

• 80sOPC80sOPC Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭✭✭

Was thinking the same thing. I highly suspect this card has been worked.

@Coarsegold said:
    I would want to check history of ownership before making a decision. After reading about the Ryan on another thread,I would go with the Mikey Trout.

• bruin805bruin805 Posts: 50 ✭✭✭

@Bobby24 said:
    My friend caught Trout’s first career MLB homer. He gave it back to him for a signed item and a handshake.

Same buddy also got close to catching Jeter’s 3,000 hit which was a homer and ended up getting Arod’s 3,000 hit.

I'm assuming you're referring to Zach Hample.

• hyperchipper09hyperchipper09 Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ryan/Koosman. Like Schmidt, Koufax, Clemente it's one I've wanted in high grade for years so that tips the scales for me.

@bruin805 said:

@Bobby24 said:

Yes, Zack Hample.

• mccardguy1mccardguy1 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭

@Bobby24 said:

@bruin805 said:

@Bobby24 said:

Yes, Zack Hample.

Sorry..I just cannot stand that guy for so many reasons.

I am on a budget and I am not afraid to use it!!
  • Brian48Brian48 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭

Ryan. Any day of the week.

• pab1969pab1969 Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would take a Ryan in a PSA 9 before Trout.