Home Precious Metals
Options

Do you think those cash for gold places will make a comeback?

With the extra unemployment ending and the virus coming back strong with shutdowns, do you think we will see the cash for gold sleaze spots come back?
I personally hated them, I respect entrepreneurs but it felt like they were ripping off people who really needed the money.
The last recession it felt like they were on every corner in every city. and then disappeared within a year once gold started going down.
I hope they dont come back, have you seen them come back in yoru area? Do you think theyll come back?

Comments

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,212 ✭✭✭✭✭

yes, with curbside service

and don't rule out silver

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options
    dennis1219dennis1219 Posts: 267 ✭✭✭

Yep. For certain.

• Options
    blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, doubt they will be interested much in silver this go round but if they can swindle grandpa's silver collection for $5 an ounce they probably will.

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

• Options
    philographerphilographer Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭✭✭

Interesting that there would be any gold left after their many pervasive years in business...

He who knows he has enough is rich.

• Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,310 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 25, 2020 7:10PM

Some of you may recall the highly advertised and anticipated “parties” that those dealers would throw when they came in to a larger city and large venueS to stick the uneducated, hard.
    I tried my best to steer friends and family away but they really looked at it as a festival and selling orgy. A regular social event like a yard sale or Amway meeting. Where they could dress up and sell their jewelry, coins, etc..

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,212 ✭✭✭✭✭

@philographer said:
    Interesting that there would be any gold left after their many pervasive years in business...

gold is like water, it never disappears. It just comes back in a cleaner form.

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options
    taxmadtaxmad Posts: 960 ✭✭✭✭

I helped out a local shop set up his accounting years ago and still stop in from time to time. He is doing land-office business - he buys bullion as well as scrap to melt.

• Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,852 ✭✭✭✭✭

Still buying and selling. No spam intended. I'm one of a handful of sleaze bags.

• Options
    JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,821 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes I do!

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have not seen any of the quick set up operations here.... Still a couple of antique shops and a pawn shop offering to buy gold...but they have offered that for years. I do expect if the rise in the market continues for a week or so, those fly by night operations will be popping up all over. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    alexercaalexerca Posts: 247 ✭✭✭

Can't stand the pukes! I hassled them I front of their customers!