Home Precious Metals
Options

What are you adding

SimpleCollectorSimpleCollector Posts: 536 ✭✭✭✭✭

So, years ago I got tired of the slab/cert/CAC game on type coins where everyone was trying to make money each step of the way. Call it foresight or dumb luck, I got frustrated and sold all of my type coins and started a generic pre 1933 gold type set. From there, I migrated to this forum, and for some reason started adding 1 oz , 10 oz and kilo silver bars when my LCS had them in stock and would sell for melt or melt +$1/oz.

So my question is, do people see value anywhere in this market...if you want to buy stuff that is both interesting, and will hold its value. Sure, I could sell my gold type set coins and silver bars and make $, but if I do that and have no place to re-invest, I lose my hobby/ diversion.

My leaning is towards nicer type coins, where the price/numistic value, hasn’t changed, despite gold increasing...Say Cac $1 gold/$2.5gold/$5 gold, as it seems fairer value then before.... but I always feel the numistic premium will decrease over time.

Maybe some might say platinum or another metal...

Or perhaps....and I am thinking this too, real estate....

Lastly, maybe people are putting money into other collectibles such as watches or cars...

So, if you have made some $ and had fun with silver and gold purchases, where do you go from here?

I would love to hear the thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,253 ✭✭✭✭✭

dollars, for the next dip. There's always a next dip.

Where to go after the silver and gold fun? Azores.

Are they really this stupid, or are they destroying the dollar on purpose?

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,316 ✭✭✭✭✭

if you are worried about declining numismatic premium, I'd stick with the generic pre-33 and bullion.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Actually thinking about selling some gold....not the bullion variety, but the numismatic stuff. May consult with a forum member first. So, not adding at this time. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    maplemanmapleman Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 23, 2020 4:01PM

I'll be adding some oz buffs and or age's to to meet my limit tonight.
    After that it is sit back and watch for a while. I'm still bullish for AU. Silver not for me, I think I have 9oz or so remaining. Good luck to all and enjoy the ride.

• Options
    blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭✭✭

Toilet paper, hand sanitizer, butter, beans, corn, hay, heating oil, gasoline, fiat dollars. For now that's about it. Semper Fi!

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,316 ✭✭✭✭✭

you can find hand sanitizer?

I'm selling for covid-19 part 2 ... or is it part 3? we may be a no income home eventually :'(

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,583 ✭✭✭✭✭

@blitzdude said:
    Toilet paper, hand sanitizer, butter, beans, corn, hay, heating oil, gasoline, fiat dollars. For now that's about it. Semper Fi!

Ammo and powder?

• Options
    blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭✭✭

@johnny9434 said:

@blitzdude said:

Ammo and powder?

Still overloaded from the last "crisis" but I never believed much in zombies. I suppose there is enough to protect momma and the girls.

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

• Options
    JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭✭

If you know how to sell ... there is a market for anything!

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,253 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 24, 2020 1:09AM

Batteries.

Are they really this stupid, or are they destroying the dollar on purpose?