Home Sports Talk
Options

every thread on page one is doubledragon!

bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

OK glicker back away from the device :#

Comments

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,619 ✭✭✭✭✭

Double D is working full time keeping the cobwebs off of CU sports talk 👍👍🍻🍻

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,201 ✭✭✭✭✭

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 Oh man.

I honestly enjoy the sports forum and hearing what you guys have to say about the various topics. It's a lot of fun every day, and I can be myself on here. You guys are what makes this place fun, I'm just honored to be a part of it. Here's to you guys!

• Options

Double D is by far and away the front runner for Poster of the year, and it’s not even remotely debatable 👍👍🍻

• Options

Thanks for the kind words perkdog, you guys were here long before me, and kept this place running for years and years. When I showed up on the sports forum, you guys welcomed me and made room for me here, and I really appreciate it. I will always be a poster on the sports forum as long as you guys are here. Oh no, I'm starting... you guys are getting me emotional here...

• Options

Double D this place always needs some life pumped into it, especially now with Sports on the verge of being swept away for the year. Keep it up buddy 🍻

• Options

@perkdog said:
    Double D this place always needs some life pumped into it, especially now with Sports on the verge of being swept away for the year. Keep it up buddy 🍻

I definitely will not stop, I'm having too much fun! My wife is always asking me what I'm laughing about on the forum and why I'm always on the forum so much! This is my home away from home, and I'll never leave. I just appreciate you guys having me here. 🍻🍻

• Options
    MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,635 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:
    😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 Oh man.

I honestly enjoy the sports forum and hearing what you guys have to say about the various topics. It's a lot of fun every day, and I can be myself on here. You guys are what makes this place fun, I'm just honored to be a part of it. Here's to you guys!

Perkdog having breakfast at the local Dunkin'.

I say DD is the life of the page...a bit eclectic, but he does post some fun stuff. B)B)

• Options

Hey Al, just finished my large ice from DD a little bit ago 👍👍

• Options

@perkdog said:
    Double D is by far and away the front runner for Poster of the year, and it’s not even remotely debatable 👍👍🍻

Just so this doesn’t get lost in the shuffle 🤷‍♂️

• Options

@perkdog said:

@perkdog said:

Just so this doesn’t get lost in the shuffle 🤷‍♂️

Thanks perk, I would have to say that you're the GOAT of the sports forum, you've been here since 2004, with over 20,000 posts. Those are ridiculous stats!

• Options

SteveK and Keets got more than me, I think Grote as well. We need Dimeman back though

• Options

@perkdog said:
    SteveK and Keets got more than me, I think Grote as well. We need Dimeman back though

Yeah, I miss Dimeman, he always had interesting things to say. I wonder if he still reads the sports forum. Whenever football starts up again, I'll miss him and steve arguing over the Cowgirls and Eaglets! 😂😂

• Options
    edited July 22, 2020 1:15PM

@doubledragon said:

@perkdog said:

Yeah, I miss Dimeman, he always had interesting things to say. I wonder if he still reads the sports forum. Whenever football starts up again, I'll miss him and steve arguing over the Cowgirls and Eaglets! 😂😂

I think he might check in possibly but he is old school so I bet he is angry and not going to try an infiltrate with another handle. If you are reading this Jon I definitely miss you buddy 🍻

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,187 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 22, 2020 1:46PM
  • Options

Classic thread. Lots of those guys don’t post anymore unfortunately

• Options

@perkdog said:

i lament the death of this place after looking back over that thread. quite a motley crew we once had. some epic debates that will be impossible for me to forget.

kudos to DD for making a concerted effort to keep this place afloat. when the NFL season kicks off and the Bears start royally sucking i'll have more to say.

• Options

@galaxy27 said:

@perkdog said:

i lament the death of this place after looking back over that thread. quite a motley crew we once had. some epic debates that will be impossible for me to forget.

kudos to DD for making a concerted effort to keep this place afloat. when the NFL season kicks off and the Bears start royally sucking i'll have more to say.

Thanks galaxy, you're one of the best guys on the whole forum. I do this because I like you guys, and I consider all of you my good friends. I would follow you guys through the gates of hell with nothing but a water pistol.

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:

A lot of those posters have had clinical diseases named after them.

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options

@Justacommeman said:

A lot of those posters have had clinical diseases named after them.

m

i read a study the other day that said the mglickervirus mutates into more strains than corona

• Options
    AFLfanAFLfan Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭✭✭

As a moderator, DD is, um, interesting. But dude gets a thumbs up from me. At a minimum, he and his posts are thought-provoking.

Todd Tobias - Grateful Collector - I focus on autographed American Football League sets, Fleer & Topps, 1960-1969, and lacrosse cards.
  • Options

@AFLfan said:
    As a moderator, DD is, um, interesting. But dude gets a thumbs up from me. At a minimum, he and his posts are thought-provoking.

I sincerely laugh my butt off nearly every day with his posts 😂😂😂

• Options

@AFLfan and @perkdog

You guys.

• Options
    HorseHorse Posts: 675 ✭✭✭✭

@AFLfan said:

Double D.. when I got in trouble a month or so ago for referencing a nozzle I should not have, Todd also referred to my posts as 'interesting'. :) I 'think' it's a compliment, as there are a lot of 'interesting' things here. Including a dude taking a picture of himself performing some sort of Superman impersonation with the shirt and exposing CARD Greatness ! and then having the cohonies to actually use the picture on their own message board !!!

:) Gnarley Interesting Greatness all around !!! :)

• Options

@Horse said:

@AFLfan said:

Double D.. when I got in trouble a month or so ago for referencing a nozzle I should not have, Todd also referred to my posts as 'interesting'. :) I 'think' it's a compliment, as there are a lot of 'interesting' things here. Including a dude taking a picture of himself performing some sort of Superman impersonation with the shirt and exposing CARD Greatness ! and then having the cohonies to actually use the picture on their own message board !!!

:) Gnarley Interesting Greatness all around !!! :)

😂😂😂😂 I was curious why you had the jail bars over your profile picture a while back!

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,901 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:

@galaxy27 said:

@perkdog said:

Thanks galaxy, you're one of the best guys on the whole forum. I do this because I like you guys, and I consider all of you my good friends. I would follow you guys through the gates of hell with nothing but a water pistol.

<<< I would follow you guys through the gates of hell with nothing but a water pistol. >>>

I would also, but i would first require payment of a Topps 1952 Mantle, PSA 2 or better. 😉

• Options
    softparadesoftparade Posts: 9,274 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 23, 2020 6:21PM

@perkdog said:

Truth. If I posted the way I did all those years I probably wouldn't be here anymore. So, I kind of keep my mouth shut now and stick to JUST cards. Oh well!

ISO 1978 Topps Baseball in NM-MT High Grade Raw 3, 100, 103, 302, 347, 376, 416, 466, 481, 487, 509, 534, 540, 554, 579, 580, 622, 642, 673, 724__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ISO 1978 O-Pee-Chee in NM-MT High Grade Raw12, 21, 29, 38, 49, 65, 69, 73, 74, 81, 95, 100, 104, 110, 115, 122, 132, 133, 135, 140, 142, 151, 153, 155, 160, 161, 167, 168, 172, 179, 181, 196, 200, 204, 210, 224, 231, 240

• Options

@softparade said:

@perkdog said:

Truth. If I posted the way I did all those years I probably wouldn't be here anymore. So, I kind of keep my mouth shut now and stick to JUST cards. Oh well!

I’ve toed the line close myself Dan. You and I think alike and are in the same page with certain things except for what teams we like 🍻

• Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 4, 2020 8:19PM

Somebody has to do it. Good for him.