Home Metal Detecting
Options

Quick hunt today

Went to a new park today turned out good. Quite a bit of change, junky of copper wire and some sort of etching tool?

Comments

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice @gene2393 all clad? How old is the park? Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice haul...cannot really tell much about the coins in the picture though... any further details after cleaning them up? Seems like that park deserves another visit - maybe two or three...Cheers, RickO

• Options
    gene2393gene2393 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭

@Namvet69 said:
    Nice @gene2393 all clad? How old is the park? Peace Roy

Yes and not sure ill look it up and let you known how old the park is several coins were from the 70s

• Options
    JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,822 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice!

• Options
    pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks like you found a nice place to go back to.

• Options

@pocketpiececommems said:
    Looks like you found a nice place to go back to.

I'm thinking of going back tomorrow

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,526 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice

• Options

@namvet I just looked it up and the park came about in the early 1900-1930s being g bought in sections. I didn't know it but it actually sits on top of an old county dump from that time frame

• Options

@gene2393 .... Great, now that you know that, you can search the various sections for general date finds. Looks like a lot of fun detecting ahead. Cheers, RickO

• Options

@ricko yeah when i get the time again i plan on going back out there, its going to be getting tight the rest of the year as my wife and I are expecting our first child in a few weeks

• Options

@gene2393 .... Congratulations.....Yes, things will be a tad busy for a while....but a good type of busy. Cheers, RickO

• Options

@ricko thank you and yes it will be that's why im trying to get out as much as I can here lately

• Options
    1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

You've found quite a lot @gene2393 :)

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date