Home Precious Metals

If you plan to sell your silver/ when the price is right - do you...........

1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,778 ✭✭✭✭✭

If you plan to sell your silver/ when the price is right - do you have it all sorted into lots with pictures, ready to go at a moments notice?
Just wondering :)

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

Comments

• derrybderryb Posts: 36,580 ✭✭✭✭✭

I do this with gold coins, pics upon arrival in the database.

Silver? no. Generic stock pics will do.

"How many times can a man turn his head and pretend he just doesn’t see?” - Bob Dylan

• Downtown1974Downtown1974 Posts: 6,779 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’m in the same boat as derryb. Pics of my gold on a Zip drive. No pics of my silver.

• MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,697 ✭✭✭✭✭

buyers seem to like to see pics of even generic silver

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • 1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,778 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the comments. :)

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

• blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,738 ✭✭✭✭✭

Don't get greedy and dump it fast is the best advice I can give. Every time the pumpers decide to manipulate it the price doesn't stay up long.

I guess if you plan to sell online having pictures ready to go would be a good idea. Personally my sales are local and in person so no pictures required. I don't like online fees and cash without paper trails is the way to roll.

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

• 1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,778 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good advice @blitzdude

• johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 28,047 ✭✭✭✭✭

Some of it. Maybe some bars

• cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,937 ✭✭✭✭✭

For some folk selling will take just a few seconds

Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 16, 2020 5:49PM

Good question,
    I know some here have spreadsheets.
    I don’t need no stinking pictures.
    I can draw them all, though.

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
    edited July 18, 2020 8:25AM

My spreadsheet shows cert numbers for slabs. My pic folder for "slabs" is arranged by the last five of the cert #. My raw coins get the next sequential number when received and are IDed as such in both data bases.

"How many times can a man turn his head and pretend he just doesn’t see?” - Bob Dylan

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Generic bullion = generic pictures. Special coins, special pictures/certs. Cheers, RickO

• BaleyBaley Posts: 22,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 17, 2020 9:50AM

For the When, I'll sell it like i bought it, a little at a time, more when prices are good, less when prices are not so good.

The How will also depend on the items, junk fast and easy, the good stuff slower and more carefully.

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• ashelandasheland Posts: 23,036 ✭✭✭✭✭

I usually sell in person to dealers I know, so my description is usually sufficient. But sometimes a picture on my phone is all that's necessary.

• Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

Some of them !!! 😜

Timbuk3

Many good pics of "generic" silver (including ASEs) available on the net.

• chumleychumley Posts: 2,305 ✭✭✭✭

I like to show pics of what i am actually offering........but no pics ready

@chumley said:
    I like to show pics of what i am actually offering........but no pics ready

You can expedite completing your listings by taking your pics, at your convenience, when you receive inventory, especially slabbed coins. I file them in my pic data base by assigned inventory control number (for raw coins) or by last five of the cert number (for slabbed coins).

• isaiah58isaiah58 Posts: 385 ✭✭✭

Outside of brand new bullion being offered by an established seller, I do not bid on lots using stock or generic photos.

When I do sell on Ebay, I find that I gain more interest from bidders by providing pictures of each and every specific item.

some of my best bullion bargains are from unestablished sellers using poor pictures. No risk, paypal always has my back. I've been around long enough to spot the obvious red flags.

• JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭✭

Pics will definitely help you!

• dennis1219dennis1219 Posts: 267 ✭✭✭

I just can’t picture ever selling. I have accumulated gold and silver on and off for 30 years. The average price of what I have paid is well under today’s prices. As a stacker and safe haven collector, when it gets to a price I would sell, gold and silver may be more valuable than cash. So I now purchase for my kids to cash in when I cash in my chips.

• jdimmickjdimmick Posts: 9,650 ✭✭✭✭✭

One of my customers has 25K oz , he was selling at 20 he kept saying, but now he wants 22-23.

One other one sell point is 30, he has about 15k oz

I have another customer who has a few thousand oz , he is selling at 25

One dealer freind of mine has a customer with 190k face (yes you read that correctly) (he is selling at 30 oz)

I believe if it gets much higher, im going to close up shop temporarily, takes too much cash to operate at such high levels to make the same few bucks. Last time it was a pure headache , and nerves on edge for fear of a hard drop

• dennis1219dennis1219 Posts: 267 ✭✭✭

@jdimmick said:
    One of my customers has 25K oz , he was selling at 20 he kept saying, but now he wants 22-23.

One other one sell point is 30, he has about 15k oz

I have another customer who has a few thousand oz , he is selling at 25

One dealer freind of mine has a customer with 190k face (yes you read that correctly) (he is selling at 30 oz)

I believe if it gets much higher, im going to close up shop temporarily, takes too much cash to operate at such high levels to make the same few bucks. Last time it was a pure headache , and nerves on edge for fear of a hard drop

I never thought about this from a dealer perspective. I would expect as prices rise, the premiums diminish and you can get at spot, however , the fear of a sudden drop has to be nerve racking.