Home Sports Talk
Options

Will the NBA finish the whole season?

hammer1hammer1 Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭

Del Mar racetrack cancelled this week's races because 15 jockeys tested positive for Covid. Remember the thoroughbred jockey colony in SoCal is small. I'm guessing 40 or so. Theses jockeys are not in close contact with each other, unlike the NBA, where opponents are constantly touching and breathing on you.

Will the NBA finish the whole season?

Sign in to vote!
This is a public poll: others will see what you voted for.

Comments

• Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    other

As long as golf continues, I don't really care that much. Other than the groups of 4-6, they need about 400 yards of social distancing to stay out of DeChambeau's way.

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,497 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 16, 2020 7:11PM
    no

I wish there was a way to vote for 2. I hate Basketball

• Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,020 ✭✭✭✭✭
    no

If LeBron bails and in Baseball Mike Trout, there will be a mass exodus. The top 2 star attractions would be absent. I think they are the glue. As I said in my thread I don't believe Baseball or Basketball will finish. Would like to see them finish, but time will tell.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,727 ✭✭✭✭✭
    no

Doesn't look good at this point for the NBA season to continue, especially because of recent new information coming out about the tenacity of this virus.

• Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just cancel the whole thing !!! 😖

Timbuk3
  • Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,481 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hate basketball

Do I care? The NBA should move the entire league to China.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,716 ✭✭✭✭✭

Really, really not interested in the NBA, MLB, NFL, NHL, NCAA, Olympics or any other sports right now. Just not feeling it.

Pro basketball and hockey being played in July and August, with playoffs yet to start, is very strange, Then both sports will start up again in November/December for the 2020-2021 season.

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 31, 2020 7:15PM
    no

@perkdog said:
    I wish there was a way to vote for 2. I hate Basketball

I was just typing this

@SanctionII said:
    Really, really not interested in the NBA, MLB, NFL, NHL, NCAA, Olympics or any other sports right now. Just not feeling it.

Same. I haven’t watched an inning of MLB. My head just isn’t there yet and I doubt they make it past this weekend so why get invested in it

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭

No interest here one way or the other. None.