Home Sports Talk
Options

13 QB's who threw 99 yard TD passes

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 15, 2020 9:10PM in Sports Talk

Fun little fact, there have been 13 quarterbacks that have thrown passes that have turned into a 99 yard score. Let's just have a little look into this.

Comments

• Options

The first quarterback to do it was Frank Filchok in 1939 when he flipped a pass from the endzone to Andy Farkas who gathered it on the 10 yard line and took it to the house.

• Options

The second quarterback to do it was George Izo, who completed a pass to Bobby Mitchell in 1963.

• Options

The third quarterback to do it was Karl Sweetan of the Detroit Lions when he hit Pat Studstill at the Lions 45, and Studstill took it to pay dirt.

• Options

The fourth was Sonny Jurgensen who hit Jerry Allen at the 35.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BJsT0-h51hs

• Options

The fifth to do it was Jim Plunkett of the Raiders when he hit Cliff Branch in 1983. You'll have to hit the yellow "watch this video on YouTube" to view it. These dang, diddly, stupid video people that won't allow their videos to be viewed on other sites!!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8WcfvT6j3Is

• Options
    edited July 15, 2020 9:41PM

Don't worry Perk, we're getting to the Brady pass slowly but surely. ;)

• Options

The sixth to do it was steve's Eaglets Ron Jaworski when he connected with Mike Quick.

• Options

The seventh to do it was the Chargers Stan Humphries when he hit Tony Martin. No video available of it.

• Options
    edited July 15, 2020 10:11PM

The eighth was Brett Favre to Robert Brooks. Again with the stupid "Watch on Youtube" garbage!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5NtUuRv9kWA

• Options
    edited July 15, 2020 10:02PM

The ninth to do it was Trent Green when he connected with Marc Boerigter in 2002.

• Options
    edited July 15, 2020 10:08PM

doubledragon has passed out asleep, he will be back later on today to finish his work on this thread. This is his phone delivering this message. Thank you for understanding and have a great morning.

• Options
    countdouglascountdouglas Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:
    The ninth to do it was Trent Green when he connected with Marc Boerigter in 2002.

I had forgotten all about that play, and that I even had this. I believe he was signing photos somewhere in return for canned goods donated to the food bank, or something like that, and my friend and I took his kids and I ended up getting one, also. I had to dig this out of storage and share. Thanks for bringing him up.

• Options

@countdouglas said:

@doubledragon said:

I had forgotten all about that play, and that I even had this. I believe he was signing photos somewhere in return for canned goods donated to the food bank, or something like that, and my friend and I took his kids and I ended up getting one, also. I had to dig this out of storage and share. Thanks for bringing him up.

That is awesome! Thank you for sharing that, I love that pose he has in the endzone! That is bad to the bone!

• Options

The tenth to accomplish the 99 yard TD pass is Jeff Garcia, when he hit Andre Davis in 2004.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0mRUvqyD7U0

• Options

The eleventh to do it was Gus Frerotte when he connected with Bernard Berrian.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyMXbUf7bPk

• Options

The twelfth was Tom Brady to Wes Welker. Forgive the stupid music that goes along with it, it was the only one I could find that would allow the video to be shown without having to go to YouTube.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=f_b8hQ6sIm0

• Options

The thirteenth to do it was Eli Manning when he hit Victor Cruz.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=27WK0LC-gXs

• Options
    edited July 16, 2020 3:53AM

That concludes our 13 quarterbacks to throw 99 yard TD passes highlights. I have to say this though, some of these videos were blocked by the NFL from being shown on here without having to go to youtube, and I think that is ridiculous and stupid.

So NFL, this is for you!

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,513 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice thread Double D!! Now let’s do a 99 yard TD Run next 🤷‍♂️

• Options

@doubledragon said:
    doubledragon has passed out asleep, he will be back later on today to finish his work on this thread. This is his phone delivering this message. Thank you for understanding and have a great morning.

😂😂😂

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,539 ✭✭✭✭✭

I remember the Brady pass well.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    edited July 16, 2020 2:18PM

@craig44 said:
    I remember the Brady pass well.

Monday Night Football I think I remember without looking? He threw for 500 yards

• Options
    TabeTabe Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:
    The twelfth was Tom Brady to Wes Welker. Forgive the stupid music that goes along with it, it was the only one I could find that would allow the video to be shown without having to go to YouTube.

Holy crap, that's some terrible defense.

Almost as bad as the song you selected ;)

• Options

@Tabe said:

@doubledragon said:

Holy crap, that's some terrible defense.

Almost as bad as the song you selected ;)

😂 That song was forced on me, I had no choice! I repeat, I'm a Guns N' Roses type guy, I do not support the song in that video!

• Options

GnR is one of my favorites 👍👍

• Options

@perkdog said:

Oh yeah! Everytime I listen to them, the volume must be all the way up. My hearing has deteriorated over the years, and sometimes my wife will say something to me and I can't even hear her. I'll be deaf by the time I reach 50 due to GnR. It's awesome!

• Options

@doubledragon said:

@perkdog said:

Oh yeah! Everytime I listen to them, the volume must be all the way up. My hearing has deteriorated over the years, and sometimes my wife will say something to me and I can't even hear her. I'll be deaf by the time I reach 50 due to GnR. It's awesome!

Double D, did you say something?? 😯

• Options

@perkdog said:

@doubledragon said:

@perkdog said:

Double D, did you say something?? 😯

😂😂😂😂😂😂

• Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,484 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 18, 2020 5:53AM

I thought that George Blanda, with the Huston Oilers, threw one in the early days of the American Football League, circa 1961. I remember seeing it on TV when I was a kid. Maybe it doesn’t count because it was the AFL, well before the merger?

Check that. Blanda threw a 95 yard touchdown pass in 1965 against Buffalo. It was the AFL record at the time. I found that fact on the Football Hall of Fame site.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?