Home Sports Talk
Options

top 5 position players in baseball and why

76collector76collector Posts: 986 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hey all. I was talking with a friend and we got discussing how much young talent there is in baseball right now. As we talked I said I think the best 5 position players in baseball are all under 30. Here is my list, what do you think and who would you pick.
1. Trout - a no brainer, plays plus defensively and is the most prolific offensive player in the game.
2. Nolan Arenado - He is under the radar to me. He is so much better than anyone else at his position its sick. Hes a SS playing 3B and produces huge with his bat.
3. Christian Yelich - best pure hitter in the game
4. Francisco Lindor - best defensive SS possibly, which is the leader of the defense, and a solid stick as well
5. Mookie Betts - great in the field and hitting.

I'd love to hear your thoughts. All 5 under 30 and there are many more young guys that could easily be on my list.

I cannot hit curveball. Straightball I hit it very much. Curveball, bats are afraid.
Collecting:
post world war II HOF rookie
76 topps gem mint 10 commons 9 stars
Arenado purple refractors(Rockies) Red (Cardinals)
successful deals with Keevan, Grote15, 1954, mbogoman

Comments

• Options
    Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,232 ✭✭✭✭

76collector,
    That's a great list.

• Options
    TabeTabe Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭✭✭

I might slide Cody Bellinger in there ahead of Betts. Great list though. Good call on Arenado, dude is a beast. 7 years, 7 Gold Gloves. 3-time home run champ. 3 times over 350 total bases. Awesome stuff.

• Options
    76collector76collector Posts: 986 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Tabe, agreed. I think Acuna Jr is a possibility for that last spot too. So much young talent in MLB right now. I picked Mookie because he has done it longer although last year was a little down by his standards. He has 4 straight gold gloves and Bellinger just one. But you can't go wrong with either Bellinger and Acuna are both phenoms. It amazes me how strong these guys can be at such a young age. Vlad Jr/Acuna/swing the bat like grown men.

I cannot hit curveball. Straightball I hit it very much. Curveball, bats are afraid.
    Collecting:
    post world war II HOF rookie
    76 topps gem mint 10 commons 9 stars
    Arenado purple refractors(Rockies) Red (Cardinals)
    successful deals with Keevan, Grote15, 1954, mbogoman
  • Options
    GoDodgersFanGoDodgersFan Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭

That is a great list. You have a few options at #5, such as Acuna. Man, a lot of young talent in MLB right now. In 2-3 years, add Acuna or even Tatis.

• Options
    1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,243 ✭✭✭✭✭

This guy is 26 and really flies under the radar. I predict this is the last year that that’s the case. Slick fielding, strong armed and seems to keep improving as a hitter - which is pretty scary since he’s already a beast; and all of this at short stop.

Trevor Story (Col)

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest