Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Does Pedigree and/or mint designation Cross over with our hosts

MgarmyMgarmy Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 13, 2020 6:40AM in U.S. Coin Forum

Question for the experts...

Despite the horror stories with ICG, I purchased an ICG 2015 p ASE for relatively cheap compared to what they go for in PCGS and NGC slabs. Coin looks great, no white spots etc. The value on this coin though is where it was minted. I am trying to wrap up a complete ASE set of both bullion and Proof and was thinking about sending this in for crossover. Will the P designation cross with it (assuming it crosses.)

Thank you all for your advice.

V/R
Mike

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

Comments

• Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,446 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 13, 2020 7:25AM

@Mgarmy said:

Despite the horror stories with ICG,
    Mike

What horror stories are you talking about? I own several ICG slabbed coins that are properly graded.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options

ICG generally gets fragged for overgrading

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

• Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,446 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Mgarmy said:

Perhaps with moderns but that hasn't been my experience otherwise.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options

Cool. Well I am hoping my experience will be the same as yours for this coin. Hopefully someone will chime in on whether the mint designation will pass with the crossover as without it it is not worth sending it in.

• Options
    coinbufcoinbuf Posts: 10,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 13, 2020 9:56AM

I don't understand your question. There is no mint designation to crossover, and I don't think ICG has ever slabbed any pedigree or at least one considered important.

My Lincoln Registry
    My Collection of Old Holders

Never a slave to one plastic brand will I ever be.
  • Options
    CoinJunkieCoinJunkie Posts: 8,772 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 13, 2020 9:56AM

I presume it would, but would suggest contacting PCGS to be absolutely sure.

• Options
    edited July 13, 2020 10:53AM

@coinbuf said:
    I don't understand your question. There is no mint designation to crossover, and I don't think ICG has ever slabbed any pedigree or at least one considered important.

• the only thing that designates this as being produced in philly is the label. The coin is otherwise indistinguishable. The mintage from philly is the rarity. So if the label does not transfer ie. Pcgs does not accept the designation from ICG...it will just be a normal 2015.

The picture above is top of the market with our hosts slab at 15k. I would be over the moon If it crossed over and came in worth a quarter of that.

• Options
    coinbufcoinbuf Posts: 10,775 ✭✭✭✭✭

I guess its something special with ASE's not something I collect or follow.

My Lincoln Registry
    My Collection of Old Holders

Never a slave to one plastic brand will I ever be.
  • Options

Copy thanks coin.

• Options
    bramn8rbramn8r Posts: 752 ✭✭✭✭✭

Cool. Well I am hoping my experience will be the same as yours for this coin. Hopefully someone will chime in on whether the mint designation will pass with the crossover as without it it is not worth sending it in.

I just received an e mail from the graders at PCGS saying that my ANACS 2015(P) would not cross over because once the coin is out of the slab, it's just a 2015 ASE $1. Come on! Keep it all together, it's well a documented ANACS 2015(P).

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have a 2014 (W) MS70... Fortunately, already in PCGS plastic ;) Cheers, RickO

• Options
    TurtleCatTurtleCat Posts: 4,594 ✭✭✭✭✭

I seem to recall that PCGS does not accept pedigrees from other TPG’s labels as PCGS cannot verify the veracity of the pedigree. Obviously a well known one where there is clear provenance or documentation provided is enough to overcome that.

I can’t blame PCGS for that policy, either. They can’t guarantee another company did due diligence properly.

• Options
    cameonut2011cameonut2011 Posts: 10,062 ✭✭✭✭✭

@PerryHall said:

@Mgarmy said:

Perhaps with moderns but that hasn't been my experience otherwise.

Which ICG? Old ICG or before the ANACS-ICG debacle/staff switch?

• Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

Does Pedigree and/or mint designation Cross over with our hosts

I have crossed medals which had an assigned Provenance from NGC to PCGS and the Provenance was not added to the insert, despite my request on the submission form.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file