Home Sports Talk
Options

Thoughts on athletes and social media?

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,021 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 12, 2020 4:56AM in Sports Talk

What are your feelings about athletes and their use of social media? Do you pay attention to what athletes post on social media, or could you care less?

Comments

• Options

Personally I could care less, now if you try to take my booze away from me, we're gonna have a problem!

• Options

Ah yes, this is my kind of tweet!

• Options

Interesting past tweet from AB.

I wouldn't know anything about English class, because I rarely attended it, and I could usually be found in the school bathroom, hanging upside down from the stall, sniffing glue.

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,522 ✭✭✭✭✭

I love it when two guys argue amongst each other or call each other out, it’s fun to look at when I can understand what they are trying to say lol

• Options
    SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,725 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sometimes the adage "It is better to look stupid than to open one's mouth and prove it." has direct and immediate application to social media postings by athletes, actors, politicians and others, including Joe and Jane Schmo.

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,540 ✭✭✭✭✭

I personally could not care less about the musings of athletes unless it is on the topic of their respective sport.

shut up and dribble.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,756 ✭✭✭✭✭

There is not a single athlete who i follow on social media. And i don't intend to change that anytime soon.

I love sports, but the player's comments regarding non-sport topics, i couldn't care less about.

• Options
    edited July 12, 2020 8:12PM

Speaking of social media, Cam Newton takes a swipe at the Panthers and Teddy Bridgewater.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/cam-newton-appears-to-call-out-panthers-you-gonna-choose-that-over-this/ar-BB16op9p?ocid=hplocalnews

Cam, they probably chose Teddy Bridgewater because they believe that he'll actually attempt to dive on fumbles instead of running from them.

• Options
    DMasciDMasci Posts: 169 ✭✭✭

Could care less! Same with the Hollywood crowd

• Options
    AFLfanAFLfan Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:
    Interesting past tweet from AB.

I wouldn't know anything about English class, because I rarely attended it, and I could usually be found in the school bathroom, hanging upside down from the stall, sniffing glue.

By the looks of his Tweet, AB probably hasn't been attending too many of his English classes either.

Todd Tobias - Grateful Collector - I focus on autographed American Football League sets, Fleer & Topps, 1960-1969, and lacrosse cards.
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,522 ✭✭✭✭✭

@stevek said:
    There is not a single athlete who i follow on social media. And i don't intend to change that anytime soon.

I love sports, but the player's comments regarding non-sport topics, i couldn't care less about.

100000000000000000% Agreed

• Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 4, 2020 9:47AM

I'm conflicted. Just can't figure out who should be the guru of my conscience.......Cher or Lebron. It's a delimma.

• Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe.......Antonio Brown or Bette Middler........maybe .....Colin Kaepernick or Debra Messing. What a headache!

• Options
    JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,820 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't care.