Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

2014-W Kennedy Gold stands in My way...and other Set Registry discrepancies (2 Fixed)

2»

Comments

• Options
    GoldminersGoldminers Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JonJet said:

@Goldminers said:
    Silver eagles are considered by most to be a bullion coin

This is a bit late...but a recent realization makes Me post...

If in fact the ASE is considered a "bullion coin"...why is there a value printed by PCGS on the label in the upper right corner?

I have purchased Silver Bullion in one-ounce coins...but not one of them has a printed value like the ASE does on the reverse side - stamped into the coin by none less than the US Mint

This is not really a registry forum question, it is a US coin question. Why don't you post your coin questions on the US coin forum, and you will get a lot more answers. This registry forum does not have very many collectors that watch it, so you are not getting all the information or answers to some of your questions from many other collectors that you might find valuable.

• Options
    JonJetJonJet Posts: 524 ✭✭✭

Any question about a coin that is cased in a PCGS holder is a Set Registry Question in My book

YOU brought up the "bullion coin" reply (albeit almost a year ago)

My 1957-2022 Proof Set Collection Has Been Sold

• Options
    WAYNEASWAYNEAS Posts: 6,355 ✭✭✭✭✭

I believe that eBay considers ASEs as bullion also.
    When you get an eBay Bucks-coupon for coin purchases, bullion is exempt.
    Wayne

Kennedys are my quest...

• Options

@JonJet said:
    Any question about a coin that is cased in a PCGS holder is a Set Registry Question in My book

YOU brought up the "bullion coin" reply (albeit almost a year ago)

The set registry does not grade or slab coins in PCGS holders and they do not determine what coins are called or how they are labelled. They manage sets. I did not invent the term bullion which is commonly used for silver eagles and I am not a coin expert. That is why I suggested you ask a larger audience if you are genuinely interested in getting answers on some of your questions. Simply trying to help.

• Options
    edited October 20, 2021 1:43PM

@WAYNEAS said:
    Wayne

Perhaps...but that still does not explain why Set Registry says ASE's are not part of Proof Sets because they are "bullion coins" (which happen to have $1 on the label and one dollar pressed on the coin) - much to the surprise of Set Registry Reps

• Options
    edited October 20, 2021 2:14PM

@JonJet said:

@WAYNEAS said:
    Wayne

Perhaps...but that still does not explain why Set Registry says ASE's are not part of Proof Sets because they are "bullion coins" (which happen to have $1 on the label and one dollar pressed on the coin) - much to the surprise of Set Registry Reps

Some ASE's (not all) are part of the Limited Edition Silver Proof sets, but they are not part of the Regular Proof sets.

• Options

@Goldminers

And that is one of the reasons I do not collect them...had all but one in PR69DCAM and sold the entire lot before I joined Set Registry

• Options
    WAYNEASWAYNEAS Posts: 6,355 ✭✭✭✭✭

I stopped collecting the ASEs in 2018.
    Still have them but there are just too many different types of these bullion coins made with many being short mintages to drive mint sales.
    Wayne

Kennedys are my quest...

• Options

@WAYNEAS said:
    I stopped collecting the ASEs in 2018.
    Still have them but there are just too many different types of these bullion coins made with many being short mintages to drive mint sales.
    Wayne

Exactly...the burnished and the satin and the reverse and the obverse and the inverse and the universe and all creation excluding dirt...in fact it was the Buyer of My ASE's that led Me to Set Registry - I sold them right about Xmas 2019 and joined the registry about a week later

• Options
    edited October 21, 2021 8:42AM

Not to mention the dozens of label variations for Tom and Louie and Harold and Martha and This One and That One as well as the Other One and the One outside and the One across the pond and the One from the garden and the Ones in-between the ones already chosen

• Options

Wow...just realized I've neglected this thread for awhile...

I have since added the 2014-W Kennedy Gold so I have a #1 Set now - 15th on the Current List

And a New Set has been created for the Roosevelt Silver Dimes (in which I hold the Top Spot as Creator)

• Options
    mrcommemmrcommem Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭✭

The legal tender of the coin is $1. It will always be worth $1 even if value of the silver in the coin goes below$1. These coins are bullion and they are worth spot plus a certain percentage.

• Options
    ProofCollectionProofCollection Posts: 5,408 ✭✭✭✭✭

@coinpalice said:
    i had 2 - 2014-W Kennedy gold coins i bought directly from the mint, i got them both graded from the host, one come back 69 and the other 70. it took a very long time to sell them both, maybe like 3 months, both at fixed price auctions. i remember what a relief it was to sell them, now i wish i had them both back with the current price of gold

'Fixed price auction' is an oxymoron.

• Options

I'd just buy the damn gold Kennedy ...😎

• Options

@Silverbugsixtyeight said:
    I'd just buy the damn gold Kennedy ...😎

Nothing wrong with being late to the party...
    It just means that You are late to the party by 100 days

But You should have noticed the May 29 2022 post before You expressed a mental age with mild profanity