Home Precious Metals
Options

Andrew Maguire: DOJ Told JP Morgan To Reduce Silver Position

Successful payments; shipments; delivery; and receipt of coins sold to them: @Soldi; @robkool; @JohnT58; @carsgoby; @Azurescens

Comments

• Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,621 ✭✭✭✭✭

Is there a Cliffs Notes version?

Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options
    carlos6466carlos6466 Posts: 56 ✭✭

I know... sometimes he just babbles. He should invest on a better mic as well

Successful payments; shipments; delivery; and receipt of coins sold to them: @Soldi; @robkool; @JohnT58; @carsgoby; @Azurescens

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 11, 2020 10:27PM

@cohodk said:

Cliff note: JPM, currently in its latest investigation settlement discussions with DOJ for once again indulging in illegal trading activity, was instructed by DOJ to reduce its physcial silver holdings. On the first day of the COMEX July silver delivery period, JPMorgan posted 30 million ounces of silver for delivery. Note how the price of silver continued to climb.

Derry note: Is DOJ making JPM sell off someone else's stack? LOL
    Your April claim that JPM owns no silver:

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options
    blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭✭✭

So are you now accusing JPM of manipulating the price of silver higher? LOL you doomsdayers I can't figure you out, first they are suppressing the price, now their inflating the price. Which one is it? Get as grip! Hello reality!!!

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

• Options
    edited July 12, 2020 8:15PM

@blitzdude said:
    So are you now accusing JPM of manipulating the price of silver higher? LOL you doomsdayers I can't figure you out, first they are suppressing the price, now their inflating the price. Which one is it? Get as grip! Hello reality!!!

As of Feb 2019 JPM has paid $44 Billion in fines for manipulating markets since the 2008 financial crisis.

But wait. . .

. . . they're still at it.

If you can control prices to go lower, then you can later control prices to go higher. JPM has bought millions and millions of ounces of silver at suppressed prices. They have been caught red handed controlling prices. What do you think they plan to do with all that silver, donate it to charity? No, they're gonna eventually sell it at a "negotiated" staggering profit.

Get silver.

• Options

I guess they plan to sit on it for the next decade watching it sit in the $18s just like you. Watching your insurance being slowly eaten up by inflation. lol

• Options
    edited July 12, 2020 8:16PM

While I took some nice profits at $45, I noticed they didn't sell. Seems they have bigger plans, always a good sign.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

When dealing in such volumes, it does not take much to make a profit. That being said, when dealing in those volumes, they are seeking a huge profit - and will likely get it. Cheers, RickO

• Options

@derryb said:

@cohodk said:

Cliff note: JPM, currently in its latest investigation settlement discussions with DOJ for once again indulging in illegal trading activity, was instructed by DOJ to reduce its physcial silver holdings. On the first day of the COMEX July silver delivery period, JPMorgan posted 30 million ounces of silver for delivery. Note how the price of silver continued to climb.

Derry note: Is DOJ making JPM sell off someone else's stack? LOL

Youve shown propensity to believe falsehoods. And here you go again with this one. I suppose you believe Etrade owns your IRA also.

• Options
    edited July 11, 2020 10:50AM

Still the grand master of what is true? lol

• Options

@derryb said:
    Still the grand master of what is true? lol

Occam's Razor.

• Options

Alfred's Moped.

• Options

Facts vs zero hedge/silver doctors conspiracies. The life of a stacker. lol

• Options

trolls vs. serious discussion. The life of a forum poster. lol

• Options

@derryb said:

So how are we supposed to "seriously discuss" misinformation, falsehoods, conspiracy theories, and ill-formed opinion?

You are incredibly adept at lending credence to such nonsense, but some of us not.

Some of us prefer to not live in a world of hearsay and supposition.

• Options
    philographerphilographer Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭✭✭

Can we all just get along?

He who knows he has enough is rich.

• Options
    edited July 12, 2020 8:24PM

@cohodk said:

@derryb said:

So how are we supposed to "seriously discuss" misinformation, falsehoods, conspiracy theories, and ill-formed opinion?

You are incredibly adept at lending credence to such nonsense, but some of us not.

Some of us prefer to not live in a world of hearsay and supposition.

Then go live in your world. I can tolerate a troll but having an obsessive stalker is a getting really creepy.

• Options
    edited July 13, 2020 4:47AM

@derryb said:
    You make a poor Don Quixote.

But i did make a great ribeye on the grill tonight and paired it with a red from a small El Dorado county winery.

Of course my opinion of great is probably much more empiric than yours. ;)

• Options
    edited July 12, 2020 8:37PM

You've gone from a typical troll, to forum bully and now you're showing a propensity of being a stalker. Please, abandon your fixation with me (it's getting creepy) and seek help.

• Options

@derryb said:
    You've gone from a typical troll, to forum bully and now you're showing a propensity of being a stalker. Please, abandon your fixation with me (it's getting creepy) and seek help.

Well...that is your opinion.

We just want you to post some facts. Discussions are much more beneficial when rooted in fact.

I know, i know....perception is fact. LOL.

• Options

@cohodk said:

@derryb said:

Well...that is your opinion.

We just want you to post some facts.

Pretty well obvious fact. Get help.

• Options

Isnt it interesting that there are no real comments on the original post?

Does no one care?

• Options

@cohodk said:

Does no one care?

Maybe you're also a thread killer.

• Options

@derryb said:

@cohodk said:

Does no one care?

Maybe you're also a thread killer.

Perhaps fact is more difficult to argue with than opinion.😜

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,219 ✭✭✭✭✭

i'm waiting for the doj press release to be posted

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    edited July 15, 2020 12:14PM

DOJ's ongoing investigation of JPM.

"Unsealed on Monday morning, the indictment alleges that from May 2008 to August 2016 the defendants along with co-conspirators, engaged in widespread spoofing, market manipulation and fraud while working on the precious metals desk at J.P. Morgan."

Investigation of JPM's silver price manipulation has been going on since 2010.

How they (allegedly, LOL) do it:
    "It is alleged that in shorting silver, JPMorgan sells large blocks of silver option contracts or physical metal — actions that would bring down the price of the metal — closely following news that would otherwise move the metals higher."

• Options

i don't see a doj pr on this jpm move

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options

@MsMorrisine said:

Will not see it until the 10+ year investigation is completed.

Here's DOJ's public release on the results of of its investigation of Merrill Lynch.

A result of "the government’s investigation into a multi-year scheme by MLCI precious metals traders to mislead the market for precious metals futures contracts traded on the Commodity Exchange Inc. (COMEX).

But as a few "experts" here claim "there is no price manipulation in the futures' markets. It's all conspiracy theory."

• Options

@derryb said:

@MsMorrisine said:

Will not see it until the 10+ year investigation is completed.

Here's DOJ's public release on the results of of its investigation of Merrill Lynch.

A result of "the government’s investigation into a multi-year scheme by MLCI precious metals traders to mislead the market for precious metals futures contracts traded on the Commodity Exchange Inc. (COMEX).

But as a few "experts" here claim "there is no price manipulation in the futures' markets. It's all conspiracy theory."

that PR covers the spoofing already known about.

• Options
    edited July 15, 2020 12:39PM

@MsMorrisine said:
    i don't see a doj pr on this jpm move

You won't until it's over. I't an ongoing investigation. Once the investigation phase is completed, you may see something public here.

• Options

You cite an almost year old article about an investigation into "market manipulation" between 2008-2016.

How does this translate into some quack on youtube claiming the DOJ has forced JPM to reduce their "massive" silver position? My god the garbage some people will believe.

• Options

@blitzdude said:
    You cite an almost year old article about an investigation into "market manipulation" between 2008-2016.

How does this translate into some quack on youtube claiming the DOJ has forced JPM to reduce their "massive" silver position?

That is a good question. Any answers?

• Options
    edited July 15, 2020 2:46PM

It has everything to do with traders being charged by DOJ with manipulating silver futures prices, something you two idiots have been claiming is a "conspiracy theory." You have been proven dead wrong on something you have been calling a lie for over ten years. And you wanna focus the spotlight on a guy who claims he knows part of DOJ's punishment?

We will know soon enough if the quack is correct when DOJ finally releases their findings. Regardless, that will not diminish the fact that those claiming "conspiracy theory" to the price manipulation story are in fact the true quacks. You know the old saying, "if it smells like a duck. . ." Welcome to the duck farm.

• Options

@derryb said:
    It has everything to do with traders being charged by DOJ with manipulating silver futures prices, something you two idiots have been claiming is a "conspiracy theory." You have been proven dead wrong on something you have been calling a lie for over ten years. And you wanna focus the spotlight on a guy who claims he knows part of DOJ's punishment?

We will know soon enough if the quack is correct when DOJ finally releases their findings. Regardless, that will not diminish the fact that those claiming "conspiracy theory" to the price manipulation story are in fact the true quacks. You know the old saying, "if it smells like a duck. . ." Welcome to the duck farm.

Don't call me an idiot, I don't want to turn you in to the moderator like you did to me. Keep it civil please.

If you are the quack in the youtube video please accept my sincere apologies for calling you a quack.

PS: I'm almost certain I hold more physical metal than you. Oh the irony. lol
    PSS: Been thinking about adding ducks to the flock for quite some time (much bigger eggs). A welcome addition. Regards!

• Options

@blitzdude said:

@derryb said:

Don't call me an idiot, I don't want to turn you in to the moderator like you did to me.

He done that to me too.

We just want some hard evidence, not conjecture, assumption, or hearsay.

We asked for proof 100d of times, yet we are usually met with a cartoon. So much for "serious discussion".

• Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,380 ✭✭✭✭✭

How does this translate into a expert market participant on youtube reporting the DOJ has forced JPM to reduce their massive silver position?

Because he walked you through the forensic accounting of the manipulation right in the video that you didn't watch or listen to?

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options

@cohodk said:

We just want some hard evidence, not conjecture, assumption, or hearsay.

Obviously everything YOU read on the internet is just conjecture, assumption, or hearsay. What exactly do you consider hard evidence and what exactly would you like this hard evidence to address?

• Options
    edited July 15, 2020 10:09PM

@blitzdude said:
    I don't want to turn you in to the moderator like you did to me. Keep it civil please.

If a moderator called you out for your rude forum behavior, take it up with the moderator. I have no need to "turn you in," I like the attention you give me. And if I made a mistake in calling you anything, sincere apologies.

• Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,380 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 15, 2020 10:11PM

*We just want some hard evidence, not conjecture, assumption, or hearsay.

We asked for proof 100d of times, yet we are usually met with a cartoon. So much for "serious discussion".*

How does this translate into a expert market participant on youtube reporting the DOJ has forced JPM to reduce their massive silver position?

At the risk of repeating myself:

Because he walked you through the forensic accounting of the manipulation right in the video that you didn't watch or listen to.

(or understand)

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options

"Well, I don't know about you but if I don't agree with a source he is not a credible source." LOL

• Options

Like others have stated...we would like to see an official press release or other document.

I, and orhers, prefer to not let confirmation bias run our decision making process. We like empirical evidence. We will not apologize for seeking fact and truth.

• Options

LOL

• Options

@derryb said:
    LOL

Nice serious discussion. Where the cartoon?

• Options

• Options
    edited August 19, 2020 6:20PM
  • Options

The bigger question is did JPM sell all that silver yet or are they still busy manipulating the price higher? lol

• Options

What manipulation?

• Options

@derryb said:
    What manipulation?

Well I must say you are slow but good to see you might just finally be coming around.

Reality is a great place to be. Embrace it my brothers and sisters!

• Options
    edited August 20, 2020 5:17AM

I see the deniers are starting to deny that they ever denied? lol

• Options

that read like another spoofing conviction.