Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

My Proof Franks - together for the first time!

ShaunBC5ShaunBC5 Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭✭✭

Pulled out all my proof Franklins today and put them together for the first time. I got the 1950 last week and that wrapped up the set.
Now I can figure out a better display option and/or start upgrading, but I’m pumped to have completed what I started as a teenager and added to every now and then through college and marriage and kids and other distractions :)
Forgive the phone pics on my floor.

Comments

• Options
    csdotcsdot Posts: 679 ✭✭✭✭

Weird to think that if Kennedy hadn't been assassinated, we would likely still have Franklin halves today.

We still have Lincoln cents (1909 - present).
    We still have Jefferson nickels (1938 - present).
    We still have Roosevelt dimes (1946 - present).
    We still have Washington quarters (1932 - present).

• Options
    LongarmLongarm Posts: 89 ✭✭

Nice collection, I like that 1956 type 1.

• Options

I was thinking about the short run just yesterday. Wasn’t the Washington quarter just supposed to be a 1yr commemoration run? I guess it goes both ways.
    We definitely would have gotten a full 2yr run out of Ben.
    @Longarm thanks! I lucked out on that one. Bought it before I knew there were two types. Cherry picked without knowing. Type I Rev was added once I figured it out.
    After I took the pic I remembered that some of my other sets that are in mint packaging have nicer coins (59, 61, maybe another 1 or 2). Probably would make the pics even worse, though. You get the idea :smiley:

• Options
    SkyManSkyMan Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice looking group, Congratulations!

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ShaunBC5 .... Very nice set and congratulations on completing it... in proof no less. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    DRUNNERDRUNNER Posts: 3,800 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice set !!!!!!

Drunner

• Options
    TomBTomB Posts: 20,730 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's a terrific series to collect. You may want to image them and put them together in a virtual album to enjoy them electronically.

Thomas Bush Numismatics & Numismatic Photography

In honor of the memory of Cpl. Michael E. Thompson

• Options

I saw the gold collection in another thread that had been photoshopped into a Capital Plastic. That was really neat and I think my wife is about to learn some photo editing. I’ll have to look into all my options. Right now there’s not a good way to have them together physically.

• Options
    LongarmLongarm Posts: 89 ✭✭

Too bad they don't have a capital holder that would fit all of them, I have the one for the proof dimes.

• Options

that's a really nice looking set and display. A plastic with a spot for every year and both '56 reverses would be awesome. I probably wouldn't crack out my slabs to put them in there, but I'd photoshop for sure!

• Options
    ChrisH821ChrisH821 Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am a fan of Proof Franklins and have a mixed set as well. It's a fun set to make and only the early ones are expensive unless you are chasing CAM and/or DCAM.

Collector, occasional seller

• Options
    JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,812 ✭✭✭✭✭

You put together a nice set of proofs.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file