Home Precious Metals
Options

Are things about to ....change?

topstuftopstuf Posts: 14,803 ✭✭✭✭✭

https://www.goldmoney.com/research/goldmoney-insights/a-potential-crisis-in-comex-gold

"Bullion banks are between a rock and a hard place. For years they’ve been playing the hedge funds as an angler hooks and plays a fish. That game has ceased and there is no easy way for them to get level. For the moment they are trying to put a lid on the price, but the cost has been rising open interest, and therefore rising mark-to-market positions.

The August active contract runs off the board at the end of this month and bullion banks are likely to be forced into large delivery volumes again. "

:):):)

Comments

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,200 ✭✭✭✭✭

Are you suggesting the COMEX might break?

Keep an open mind, or get financially repressed -Zoltan Pozsar

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,203 ✭✭✭✭✭

where's that thread.... ?

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options

didn't the news report comex receive a large enough gold to create a large surplus?

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options

that was my attempt at humor

:#

• Options
    blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,446 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MsMorrisine said:

I know, mine too.

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

• Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,621 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MsMorrisine said:

Youre not funny. Haha

Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,310 ✭✭✭✭✭

What is funny is how predictable all those things that occurred with the stock thread.

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options
    Wolf359Wolf359 Posts: 7,653 ✭✭✭

@derryb said:
    Are you suggesting the CRIMEX might break?

I think they just fail to open one fine day and are never heard from again.

• Options

comex may have to cough up penalties, pay fines and even have massive losses that force it into bankruptcy, but they are too important to the financial system now to just let them fail. we can find a reason to give them some newly created money, too, can't we?

• Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,837 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 8, 2020 9:13PM

Who is bearish on bullion ? Raise your hand(s). I'll sit on mine.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am holding my stack....Might sell at $2500/oz. :D;) Cheers, RickO

• Options

@ricko said:

Whatever would take it to that level would quite likely make selling it the farthest thing from your mind.

• Options

@topstuf said:

@ricko said:

Whatever would take it to that level would quite likely make selling it the farthest thing from your mind.

It's only a 38% increase from here. We are well on the way, just keep creating debt and printing money out of thin air. The world will still function as normal, we will not be chasing zombies and trading mercury dimes for loaves of bread. $26.5T and climbing. Semper Fi!

• Options

a loaf of bread seems more like a 90% kennedy

• Options

@MsMorrisine said:

You must eat those fancy artisan breads. Even when I splurge for what I consider the good stuff it's never more than the melt value of a silver quarter.

• Options

@blitzdude said:

@MsMorrisine said:

You must eat those fancy artisan breads. Even when I splurge for what I consider the good stuff it's never more than the melt value of a silver quarter.

And oftentimes there are BoGos

• Options

hyperinflation

• Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm still holding my stash !!! 😋

Timbuk3
  • Options
    Tiggs2012Tiggs2012 Posts: 167 ✭✭✭

hyperinflation improbable while the US still the reserve currency and exporting inflation. When will it end and what will the replacement be, those are the big unknowns

• Options
    carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,464 ✭✭✭✭

'what will the replacement be' ooh..ooh..I..know..I..know....

Loves me some shiny!
  • Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Tiggs2012 said:
    hyperinflation improbable while the US still the reserve currency and exporting inflation. When will it end and what will the replacement be, those are the big unknowns

Does anyone think that the answer to this is Fedcoin extrapolated out to a world currency?

• Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 12, 2020 1:47PM

@cohodk said:
    @blitzdude said:
    @MsMorrisine said:

And oftentimes there are BoGos

My favorite is 1/2 price "sell by that day" bin at the local market...

Nice fancy artisan loaves that I'm going to toast anyway for 2 or 3 bucks each

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options

It's hit or miss but also get to try unusual styles once in a while along with standards like lumpy whole wheat and crusty sourdough

• Options

By "Lumpy" of course, I mean seedy and full of nutrients. Sometimes there will be a loaf with roasted garlic, or olives, or cheese baked into or on it..
    Now that's tasty!

• Options

Other times there might be some hoagy rolls, or some poppy seed buns, or a box of croissants...
    All for 2 or 3 bucks! Been that way for years!

• Options

They can print money out 9f thin air, but can't seem to cause inflation enough to cause

Wait for it..

bread to rise!

Bwahahaahah
    Happy Sunday 😂

• Options

Put me down for DEFLATION.... and chaos from the covid collapse.

• Options

Dang this thread is suddenly making me very hungry. I better start stacking some flour and yeast.....just in case. lol

• Options
    ShadyDaveShadyDave Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Baley said:
    Other times there might be some hoagy rolls, or some poppy seed buns, or a box of croissants...
    All for 2 or 3 bucks! Been that way for years!

I think I figured out who Baley is in real life....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2sx8Bc4mAw

• Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

Bullion banks are between a rock and a hard place.

Didn't Scotia Bank exit the bullion biz?

What the heck? derryb banned? What happened?

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,415 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jmski52 said:

derryb isn't banned from what I can see.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options

@jmski52 said:

I was wondering that something must of been off. I didn't see a silver conspiracy theory article posted all day.

• Options

Sorry for the delay, was taking delivery on two more green boxes.

JPM in a silver jam.

• Options

Between you and 2 cents its getting deep in here. Time to put on the hip waders. $800K "sales" on ebay over the past 20 years are piker numbers. You probably took delivery of $2 FV 90% silver. Dream on. lol

• Options

We would all like to see silver go up. Is a little virus gonna do something all the conspiracy and manipulation theories couldnt?

• Options
    edited July 17, 2020 8:56AM

Hey, if it took a little virus to make those like you realize the economy is not all sugar plums, then so be it.

Speaking of sugar plums, what happened to the debt ceiling? lol

Project Zimbabwe?

• Options
    BBNBBN Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭
    edited July 20, 2020 2:29PM

We live across the Ohio River from an Amish community in Kentucky and we occasionally go there for some stuff. I'd definitely buy some homemade bread from them for a silver quarter. And the glazed donuts one lady makes down there. Wow. Amazing and pretty huge.

Positive BST Transactions (buyers and sellers): wondercoin, blu62vette, BAJJERFAN, privatecoin, blu62vette, AlanLastufka, privatecoin

#1 1951 Bowman Los Angeles Rams Team Set
    #2 1980 Topps Los Angeles Rams Team Set
    #8 (and climbing) 1972 Topps Los Angeles Rams Team Set
  • Options

Mmm BBN those sound awesome!

Can I get some more of them sugar plum sticky buns?
    They're delicious

• Options
    JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,812 ✭✭✭✭✭

Like I said ... l like the simple life.

• Options

@Baley said:

They are. The Amish may separate themselves from society, but they love green and they're good at making it and saving it. LOL The place we go to when we get a donut the husband makes wood lawn/porch/patio furniture while she bakes bread and pastries. They also sell canned soda inside the house where the bakery is. They have a sort of a walk-out basement from the front and that basement is their store with the baked goods and where you pay for the lawn furniture outside. They actually have a refrigerator but don't power it with electricity. They keep a block of ice in a pan in it and that's where the sodas are. There's a sign on the door of the fridge that says "when you get a drink out of the fridge please get it and close it immediately. LOL

Positive BST Transactions (buyers and sellers): wondercoin, blu62vette, BAJJERFAN, privatecoin, blu62vette, AlanLastufka, privatecoin

• Options

@BBN said:

@Baley said:

They are. The Amish may separate themselves from society, but they love green and they're good at making it and saving it. LOL The place we go to when we get a donut the husband makes wood lawn/porch/patio furniture while she bakes bread and pastries. They also sell canned soda inside the house where the bakery is. They have a sort of a walk-out basement from the front and that basement is their store with the baked goods and where you pay for the lawn furniture outside. They actually have a refrigerator but don't power it with electricity. They keep a block of ice in a pan in it and that's where the sodas are. There's a sign on the door of the fridge that says "when you get a drink out of the fridge please get it and close it immediately. LOL

That's not a refrigerator. That's an ice box. ;)

• Options

LOL That's true. It was probably an old one that was malfunctioned that they got for free from someone.

What's hilarious is they won't drive cars but will pay big money to hitch a ride from someone. I used to work with a guy that once every few weeks or so, an Amish gentleman would pay him $150 plus gas fill up to drive him about 40 miles into Kentucky to spend the day visiting with his brother. My coworker would just spend the day hanging out in his truck reading or taking a nap. The visit was usually 4-5 hours. :D

• Options

My Grannie ( great- grandma b. 1901) called the refrigerator "the icebox" well into the '60s.. until she switched to "the Frigidaire"..
    which persisted even when they changed to other brands. Often she would still say icebox.

• Options

@Baley said:
    My Grannie ( great- grandma b. 1901) called the refrigerator "the icebox" well into the '60s.. until she switched to "the Frigidaire"..
    which persisted even when they changed to other brands. Often she would still say icebox.

Everyone from the era called them an ice box because they were literally an ice box. The ice man would come through the neighborhood a couple times a week and deliver a large block of ice for the ice box. Under the ice box was a drip pan and the family dog or cat would enjoy drinking the cool water from the drip pan.

• Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Amish around here have ice houses. Well-insulated, partially in-ground. They bring ice from the lake and it lasts all through the summer. I'm thinkin' about something like that. ;)

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options

Here's another kicker. The younger Amish, of course, they can't own an iPhone, but you'd be amazed how they can find their way around one. I don't know this from personal experience, but a friend of mine that does tree cutting for a side job was looking for a good log splitter. He was down at the Amish community talking to one of the younger ones and the log splitter topic came up. The kid tried to describe the log splitter then asked for my friend's iPhone. He opened up safari and was able to find the website in like 30 seconds. They don't believe in owning technology, but many of them have no problem using others'. :D

• Options
    edited July 21, 2020 5:20PM

Hahah, I don't believe in owning a boat either, but have no problem using others'! 😉

Always show up with alcohol and gas money, and always help rinse it and take out the empties..

Ps, and ask if there's any seats for "some friendly gals i know"
    (If you know any)