Options

A couple more finds...

JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,823 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 5, 2020 4:32PM in U.S. Coin Forum

and 44 rolls to go.

Comments

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice die crack....not sure if you mean the hit on the E in cent in the second example....Cheers, RickO

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,527 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice

• Options
    hyf88hyf88 Posts: 294 ✭✭✭

Great die crack and a nice doubled-die obverse on the 2015!

• Options
    edited July 3, 2020 9:53AM

@ricko said:
    Nice die crack....not sure if you mean the hit on the E in cent in the second example....Cheers, RickO

It's a 2015 DDO. Look at the date.

• Options
    BuffaloIronTailBuffaloIronTail Posts: 7,413 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Jimnight said:

@ricko said:

Man, you're really picken 'em out. If they let that reverse stay in the press much longer, the entire die might have split.

That coin is really what it's "cracked" up to be.

Pete

"I tell them there's no problems.....only solutions" - John Lennon
  • Options

@BuffaloIronTail said:

@Jimnight said:

@ricko said:

Man, you're really picken 'em out. If they let that reverse stay in the press much longer, the entire die might have split.

That coin is really what it's "cracked" up to be.

Pete

These are just two more found within the four boxes.
    Check out "what are the odds of finding" here on this forum from a couple of days ago.

• Options
    LanceNewmanOCCLanceNewmanOCC Posts: 19,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Jimnight said:
    and 44 rolls to go.

you obviously know what you are doing but that rev crack really has the look of PMD after i d/l it and blew it up. the middle for sure looking like a crack but the bottom and top looks like a scratch.

what do you think?

nice find btw!

<--- look what's behind the mask! - cool link 1/NO ~ 2/NNP ~ 3/NNC ~ 4/CF ~ 5/PG ~ 6/Cert ~ 7/NGC 7a/NGC pop~ 8/NGCF ~ 9/HA archives ~ 10/PM ~ 11/NM ~ 12/ANACS cert ~ 13/ANACS pop - report fakes 1/ACEF ~ report fakes/thefts 1/NCIS - Numi-Classes SS ~ Bass ~ Transcribed Docs NNP - clashed coins - error training - V V mm styles -

• Options

@LanceNewmanOCC said:

@Jimnight said:
    and 44 rolls to go.

you obviously know what you are doing but that rev crack really has the look of PMD after i d/l it and blew it up. the middle for sure looking like a crack but the bottom and top looks like a scratch.

what do you think?

nice find btw!

I put the coin under my stereo microscope at 20x .
    You are absolutely right ... both ends are scratched and the middle is a crack. So it is a PMD coin.
    Thank You.

PS ... Things like this make this forum work.

• Options

@Jimnight...Thanks for the reply.... I looked at the date...even magnified, and I could not see DD...It could be my old eyes I guess.... I do see what could be doubled on some letters of the motto...but not sure if it was more MD or die erosion.... Could be just me ....Cheers, RickO

• Options
    edited July 5, 2020 4:31PM

@LanceNewmanOCC

I just could not let it go. I kept asking myself ... how did the ends get scratched and how could the middle be a crack ? ... so I took a very close up of the middle ... that's not a crack either... it's one long and very,very fine scratch.

• Options

@ricko
    This should help

• Options

@Jimnight ....Thanks, I can see it on that image....so must be the picture - Cheers, RickO

• Options

@ricko said:

hey. if it helps, it is on the date, liberty and trust. :smile: - that close-up he posted sure takes any question out of it. lol

it still amazes me at how different various ddo/ddr etc can look. there are some good sites that show the various hub rotations/positions and what the doubling they produce looks like.

<--- look what's behind the mask! - cool link 1/NO ~ 2/NNP ~ 3/NNC ~ 4/CF ~ 5/PG ~ 6/Cert ~ 7/NGC 7a/NGC pop~ 8/NGCF ~ 9/HA archives ~ 10/PM ~ 11/NM ~ 12/ANACS cert ~ 13/ANACS pop - report fakes 1/ACEF ~ report fakes/thefts 1/NCIS - Numi-Classes SS ~ Bass ~ Transcribed Docs NNP - clashed coins - error training - V V mm styles -

• Options

@Jimnight said:
    I just could not let it go. I kept asking myself ... how did the ends get scratched and how could the middle be a crack ? ...

i give you 5 gold stars for reconsidering it and for re-posting; also because i thought the same thing about how can it be essentially perfectly lined up. although people do things like that to coins but sure isn't often.

i'm really bummed that it isn't a crack because i <3 bisected dies and the kids they have. lol

i would like to have the desire/patience to go through those rolls because once you get together a good list, it is amazing how much stuff their is to find post 1980.

keep em coming and happy hunting!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file