Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

USPS strikes again! Delivered to Original Sender...in another state???

oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,905 ✭✭✭✭✭

I sent a package back to the seller, non-coin related, due to incompatibility and it was initially coming back to me because of an incorrect address..."No Such Number" "Return To Sender" (Elvis anyone?) . I got notification a few moments ago that it was delivered to its original sender, supposedly me...in New Jersey???

July 2, 2020, 1:22 pm
Delivered, To Original Sender
PERTH AMBOY, NJ XXXXX
Your item has been delivered to the original sender at 1:22 pm on July 2, 2020 in PERTH AMBOY, NJ 08861.

July 2, 2020, 7:23 am
Arrived at Post Office
PERTH AMBOY, NJ XXXXX

July 1, 2020, 3:49 pm
Arrived at USPS Regional Destination Facility
KEARNY NJ DISTRIBUTION CENTER

July 1, 2020
In Transit to Next Facility

June 30, 2020, 6:53 pm
Departed USPS Regional Destination Facility
QUEENS NY DISTRIBUTION CENTER

June 29, 2020, 2:48 pm
Forward Processed
HOLLIS, NY XXXXX

June 29, 2020, 2:10 pm
No Such Number
HOLLIS, NY XXXXX

June 29, 2020, 7:10 am
Out for Delivery
HOLLIS, NY XXXXX

June 29, 2020, 6:30 am
Moved, Left no Address
HOLLIS, NY XXXXX

June 29, 2020, 5:36 am
Arrived at Post Office
HOLLIS, NY XXXXX

June 27, 2020, 7:18 am
Arrived at USPS Regional Facility
QUEENS NY DISTRIBUTION CENTER

June 27, 2020, 6:15 am
Departed USPS Regional Facility
BROOKLYN NY DISTRIBUTION CENTER

June 26, 2020, 5:42 pm
Arrived at USPS Regional Destination Facility
BROOKLYN NY DISTRIBUTION CENTER

June 25, 2020, 7:48 am
Departed USPS Regional Facility
OKLAHOMA CITY OK DISTRIBUTION CENTER

June 24, 2020, 10:15 pm
Arrived at USPS Regional Origin Facility
OKLAHOMA CITY OK DISTRIBUTION CENTER

June 24, 2020, 9:00 pm
Accepted at USPS Origin Facility
OKLAHOMA CITY, OK XXXXX

June 24, 2020, 4:54 pm
USPS in possession of item
EDMOND, OK XXXXX

June 22, 2020, 1:03 am
Shipping Label Created, USPS Awaiting Item
OKLAHOMA CITY, OK XXXXX

The patients are apparently running the asylum.

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...

Comments

• Options
    TurtleCatTurtleCat Posts: 4,594 ✭✭✭✭✭

Reminds me of when my brother tried to send a letter to lambertville, NJ. It came back as no address. He spoke to the postmaster who said to resend (the address was correct) in the original envelope. Came back as no address.

My brother then attached a picture of the place with the address in the picture and put it on the envelope with a big arrow saying “here”. It came back in a plastic bag.

He took it back to the postmaster who was embarrassed by the affair and had it sent by some postmaster to postmaster method and it finally made it. Like 4 postmarks on one stamp/envelope. But it did get there.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow!! Both of those cases are amazing....I do not criticize the Post Office, mainly because I have had no issues in shipping or receiving parcels or envelopes....I do see the posts of unusual issues here - such as above - but believe they are certainly rare considering the volume of mail processed. That being said, when a problem occurs (such as above), it seems it is a major fubar.....Cheers, RickO

• Options
    oldUScoinsoldUScoins Posts: 233 ✭✭✭✭

Looks like he is having his mail forwarded. Maybe he moved or is temporarily at the new address.

• Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't understand why some people have such trouble with the USPS while the vast, overwhelming majority find it to be Easy As Pie with no problems. I would have a question --- what satisfaction do you get from ranting here?? I can only assume that the problem in the whole thing is probably a specific PO worker here or there and not the system overall. as a whole, the USPS does a fantastic job under trying circumstances.

they really deserve to be congratulated for their work. B)

• Options
    JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,821 ✭✭✭✭✭

:D:D:D I'm sorry for laughing ... please know ... I'm not in any way laughing at you or your situation.

I laugh at the USPS and their system. Which by the way let me wait for over 3 wks on a package not that long ago.

• Options
    BuffaloIronTailBuffaloIronTail Posts: 7,413 ✭✭✭✭✭

@TurtleCat said:
    Reminds me of when my brother tried to send a letter to lambertville, NJ. It came back as no address. He spoke to the postmaster who said to resend (the address was correct) in the original envelope. Came back as no address.

My brother then attached a picture of the place with the address in the picture and put it on the envelope with a big arrow saying “here”. It came back in a plastic bag.

He took it back to the postmaster who was embarrassed by the affair and had it sent by some postmaster to postmaster method and it finally made it. Like 4 postmarks on one stamp/envelope. But it did get there.

Sounds real typical to me. I worked there for 36 years.

No USPS story can surprise me.

Pete

"I tell them there's no problems.....only solutions" - John Lennon
  • Options
    BuffaloIronTailBuffaloIronTail Posts: 7,413 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Jimnight said:
    :D:D:D I'm sorry for laughing ... please know ... I'm not in any way laughing at you or your situation.

I laugh at the USPS and their system. Which by the way let me wait for over 3 wks on a package not that long ago.

You're lucky it only took 3.......................

Pete

"I tell them there's no problems.....only solutions" - John Lennon
  • Options
    TurtleCatTurtleCat Posts: 4,594 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BuffaloIronTail said:

@TurtleCat said:

Sounds real typical to me. I worked there for 36 years.

No USPS story can surprise me.

Pete

Lol. Most of the time things work without a hitch but when they don't work it is usually hilarious (unless you're party to it...)

• Options
    JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,821 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BuffaloIronTail said:

@Jimnight said:

You're lucky it only took 3.......................

Pete

I hear ya!
    I gotta tell you ... after a week and a half of waiting it felt like a month.

• Options
    coinpalicecoinpalice Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭✭✭

my last first class package took 8 days to get to the buyer, close to a record for me. i might only send priority mail from now on until usps gets more drivers

• Options
    PedzolaPedzola Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭✭✭

Had a coin delivered recently. Signature was required. Tracking on delivery day said "left with agent." What the heck? Checked my mailbox and it was in there.

Several times our driver has left a delivery notice in the mailbox without driving down the driveway to attempt delivery (while I was home to sign). I guess I prefer that the mailbox was able to sign for me rather than having to go to the PO the next day for pickup.

• Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm not certain, but I believe that due to COVID-19 there are no "signatures" taken by the PO on anything.

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,521 ✭✭✭✭✭

@keets said:
    I'm not certain, but I believe that due to COVID-19 there are no "signatures" taken by the PO on anything.

Correct I had 3 with signature required and did not have to sign. It's ok by me

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file