Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

For a laugh in these serious days - Completely Off Topic

KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭

Which came first, the chicken or the egg. There is now a possible definitive answer.

I have maintained that the egg came first. 
If it's all animals - dinosaurs, primitive fish and insects all laid eggs long before there were any semblance of a chicken. The question is traditionally only about chickens.
My thinking has been a non-chicken like bird laid a mutant egg containing the first genetically identifiable chicken.  
The possible scientific definitive answer is upon us.

We can rest easy now that the ultimate question has been answered.

Comments

• Options
    ShaunBC5ShaunBC5 Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭✭✭

Whichever came first, it was obviously not on correct side of the road...if only we knew why.

• Options
    dimebagdimebag Posts: 108 ✭✭

or which came first, the coffee or the donut ???

• Options
    JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,820 ✭✭✭✭✭

No chicken no egg.

• Options
    topstuftopstuf Posts: 14,803 ✭✭✭✭✭

Extra crispy or nugget?

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Since the answer to the question is based in evolution, it is obvious the egg came before the chicken....The predecessors were laying eggs long before the chicken - in the common form today - arrived from an egg - or more realistically, many eggs along the egg highway of evolution. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    astroratastrorat Posts: 9,221 ✭✭✭✭✭

Why did the chicken go to the seance?

To get to the other side!

Numismatist Ordinaire
    See http://www.doubledimes.com for a free online reference for US twenty-cent pieces
  • Options
    ifthevamzarockinifthevamzarockin Posts: 8,498 ✭✭✭✭✭

:)

• Options
    KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ricko said:
    Since the answer to the question is based in evolution, it is obvious the egg came before the chicken....The predecessors were laying eggs long before the chicken - in the common form today - arrived from an egg - or more realistically, many eggs along the egg highway of evolution. Cheers, RickO

You agree with me. You'd be baffled by the counter arguments I've heard from some who contested the obvious when I posted my theory on a Twitter thread in response to the question. I had to stop responding to a persistent reply-er.

• Options
    ShaunBC5ShaunBC5 Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭✭✭

What if the first modern-day chicken was born something else and then subject to a post-birth gene modification (cancer or radiation, perhaps) and thus became the chicken we know after hatching? Then, when it laid its next egg as an adult, the chicken preceded the chicken egg...I'm just saying...coulda happened. I wasn't there.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file