Home Sports Talk

What are you doing for the 4th of July?

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,516 ✭✭✭✭✭

What will you be doing for the 4th of July?

Comments

• doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,516 ✭✭✭✭✭

This pretty much sums my plans up.

edited June 30, 2020 11:15PM

It stinks because bottle rockets, firecrackers, roman candles, and M80s are illegal in North Carolina. The only kind of fireworks we are allowed to set off are sparkler type fireworks. We can't set off any projectile type fireworks or explosive type fireworks. So it will be another fun fourth!

• emeraldATVemeraldATV Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭✭✭

Pocono's! Maybe.
    Got a match ?
    Stand back, its a MS 80

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,343 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not much going on to speak of so probably back yard. Fire pit, grill and some Beers. I won’t need to buy any fireworks, they are legal in my town so they will be going on all night

• emeraldATVemeraldATV Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭✭✭

Are Lawn DARTS a collectable?

• BrickBrick Posts: 4,922 ✭✭✭✭✭

To celebrate the 4th I'll buy a 5th on the 3rd. I had a golf date planned but I will have to cancel because of heat and humidity.

Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

Happy 4th of July everybody!

• DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭✭✭

All the city fireworks stuff is cancelled around here. Probably watch the neighbors shoot stuff off, might get my own, and perhaps have the folks over for some grilling/smoker action. There will be beverages and a cuban cigar might get lit.

edited July 1, 2020 5:31AM

I hear illegal fireworks going off around where I live, so I know people are making the trip across state lines to get the good fireworks. I used to do it, but it's such a long drive. I used to make the trip and purchase M90s, blackcats, roman candles, and bottle rockets. The M90s were awesome, and they were capable of blowing a finger off if you made a mistake with them. I used to buy bags of them.

Black cats are another favorite. You can pull them off and set them off one at a time or you can leave them stringed together. If you leave them stringed together and light the end fuse, they go off one after another and it sounds like a machine gun.

I was always partial to Whistlers! I loved putting them on a bottle and skipping them along the street when I was a kid

• LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

M-1000s (basically 8-10 M-80s in one or a quarter stick of dynamite) on the Mexican beaches were always a good time. Bury them in the sand with just a bit of fuse sticking through, light, and run. They go off like a landmine with sand flying everywhere.

These days, lots of grilling, cooking, and grubbing. At dusk just grab a lawn chair, sit in the park across the street with a sixer and there's 8 or so fireworks displays visible from the various spring training stadiums, Air Force base, and different suburbs putting on shows.

To keep this sports related ;)

• LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

@emeraldATV said:
    Pocono's! Maybe.
    Got a match ?
    Stand back, its a MS 80

I got it this time, it's either a:

• Hummingbird
    • Boot with smoke coming out of it, or
    • Booger
  • coolstanleycoolstanley Posts: 2,416 ✭✭✭✭✭

Watch Wimbledon as usual.

Oh wait :/

Terry Bradshaw was AMAZING!!

Ignore list -Basebal21

• MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,580 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:

Perfect! Thanks for the grin!! B)

@MCMLVTopps said:

@doubledragon said:

Perfect! Thanks for the grin!! B)

You're very welcome, I'm glad you enjoyed it!

If I’m having a bad day I immediately log on to see Double D’s posts and it makes me 😂😂😂

You guys are awesome! I appreciate the compliments!🍻🍻

• MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,580 ✭✭✭✭✭

To follow up on Paul's comments. I've come to enjoy and actually look forward to your posts...a bit eclectic, but nonetheless, entertaining and overall very enjoyable. Gonna be tough to top Elmo passing out with a can of Coors!!...CLASSIC.

Long ago and far away, I used to live in a very "lively" (you may interpret lively correctly) apartment complex in Atlanta. One of the big deals then was for some guys to drive west and bring back some Coors, which was unavailable in the Atlanta area. Those were great times, everybody got along, live bands every Saturday night, the place was about as cool as cool could be, as were the ladies!! Ahhhhhh the memories! B)

• BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,427 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sitting home, maybe spending some time by my pool if is doesn’t rain. Ditto for the fireworks that many people set off around here. Since the official displays have been called off, that’s all there is.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?

@MCMLVTopps said:
    To follow up on Paul's comments. I've come to enjoy and actually look forward to your posts...a bit eclectic, but nonetheless, entertaining and overall very enjoyable. Gonna be tough to top Elmo passing out with a can of Coors!!...CLASSIC.

Long ago and far away, I used to live in a very "lively" (you may interpret lively correctly) apartment complex in Atlanta. One of the big deals then was for some guys to drive west and bring back some Coors, which was unavailable in the Atlanta area. Those were great times, everybody got along, live bands every Saturday night, the place was about as cool as cool could be, as were the ladies!! Ahhhhhh the memories! B)

Yes, Coors, Smokey and the Bandit!

I've got some serious boozing and eating to do today, so it's time to get down to business.

Happy 4th everyone 🇺🇸🧨💥🍻

@perkdog said:
    Happy 4th everyone 🇺🇸🧨💥🍻

Happy 4th perk!🍻

Happy 4th everybody!!

• SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,660 ✭✭✭✭✭

Currently making fried chicken.

Also read a report about the latest social media post from Colin K. :s

Me and my girlfriend’s Brother in law Beasting it with Ribs, and Smoked Brisket. I’m the guy with the gray T on

edited October 27, 2021 4:43AM

Man that looks good perk! My wife and I ate out today, then headed home and now I'm hitting the sauce! There are fireworks going off like crazy around us. Definately some illegal stuff going off. It sounds like WWIII around here!

• BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 7,938 ✭✭✭✭✭

We spent the evening listening/watching the local illegal show. Then spent the rest of the evening trying to pry the cat loose from the ceiling.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".

@doubledragon Awesome pic of Mr. & Mrs Double D, hope you guys had a good 4th 🍻

@perkdog thanks perk, awesome pics of your cookout! Hope you guys had a blast! 🍻

• coolstanleycoolstanley Posts: 2,416 ✭✭✭✭✭

16 yrs ago on this date I saw KISS and Poison in Pittsburgh. Fireworks after the show ended at 11:00.

Terry Bradshaw was AMAZING!!

Ignore list -Basebal21