Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

No more coins allowed on eBay?

ebay is forcing everyone to use their new managed payments. In the rules for managed payments, its says you cant sell coins and currency using managed payments. WTH?

Comments

• Options
    ifthevamzarockinifthevamzarockin Posts: 8,498 ✭✭✭✭✭

The new & improved ebay :D

• Options
    TurtleCatTurtleCat Posts: 4,594 ✭✭✭✭✭

CoinWorld reached out to eBay and got the definitive statement that they will absolutely continue to allow coins and such to be sold.

• Options
    Alltheabove76Alltheabove76 Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭

@TurtleCat said:
    CoinWorld reached out to eBay and got the definitive statement that they will absolutely continue to allow coins and such to be sold.

I can't find a clear answer on how you can sell on eBay if they require you to use managed payment and say those registered to use managed payments cannot sell coins.

• Options
    TurtleCatTurtleCat Posts: 4,594 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Alltheabove76 said:

@TurtleCat said:

I can't find a clear answer on how you can sell on eBay if they require you to use managed payment and say those registered to use managed payments cannot sell coins.

You just wouldn’t use their managed payment option but another option.

• Options
    YQQYQQ Posts: 3,278 ✭✭✭✭✭

What does the term "Managed Payment" mean?
    I am at a loss here.

Today is the first day of the rest of my life
  • Options
    matt_dacmatt_dac Posts: 959 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ifthevamzarockin said:
    Don't worry.....there is always Craigslist :D

I've had great luck with Craigslist. Require a last name to verify buyer/seller 'is who they say they are', meet in a public place with video cameras (can include the local police station), and be well armed.

I bought my 1909S VDB from a local college professor, bought my first Saint's from a local real estate business owner (continued to do business with him over the years), and had similarly good luck selling coins, cars, and boats. I never do any transactions at the house.

• Options
    amwldcoinamwldcoin Posts: 11,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ebay is trying to move to a payment system like amazon,etsy, etc. are using....alias they have more control over your funds. They will accept many forms of payments...the big fly in the punch I knew about when I was offered in on the Beta program around a year ago was they hadn't worked out a deal with paypal at the time.

@YQQ said:
    I am at a loss here.

• Options
    SkyManSkyMan Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭✭✭

@YQQ said:
    I am at a loss here.

It means they manage to get percentage wise more of the payments to you. ;)

• Options
    YQQYQQ Posts: 3,278 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks guys

Today is the first day of the rest of my life
  • Options
    highwayman1highwayman1 Posts: 107 ✭✭✭

We should all just crowdfund to buy ebay and make it wildwest again. Or buy a bunch of their stock and twist their arm into not sucking so bad...

"He who loves silver will not be satisfied with silver, nor he who loves abundance, with increase. This also is vanity.
    When goods increase, they increase who eat them -- so what profit have the owners, except to see them with their eyes?"
    "Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: fear God and keep His commandments, for this is man’s all.
    For God will bring every work into judgment, including every secret thing, whether good or evil."
    "Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No man comes to the Father but by Me."
    http://www.youtube.com/user/alohabibleprophecy/videos

• Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,858 ✭✭✭✭✭

Might need a new widget. :love:

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,027 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Alltheabove76 said:

@TurtleCat said:

They make the rules. They often Ayden.

This has been dealt with in the prior thread.

Let us not mislead people further. This thread will be closed soon.

• Options
    amwldcoinamwldcoin Posts: 11,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

I just got a new paypal terms of service update. Physical gold...didn't explore to what degree...will no longer be covered by seller protection.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@amwldcoin ....That is disappointing... I did not receive that email - yet - and I have used paypal for gold in the past. Guess I will just stick with CC's from now on...Cheers, RickO

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file