Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Any collectors out there of French Colonial Tunisia?

I started out with just the silver 2 francs, as part of Latin Monetary Union 2 Franc size collection. Once into it, as collectors well know, what sometimes happens....it just goes from there. I like the simple designs, and the designs used in the Art Deco period.

Comments

• Options
    bidaskbidask Posts: 13,865 ✭✭✭✭✭

@10grams said:
    I started out with just the silver 2 francs, as part of Latin Monetary Union 2 Franc size collection. Once into it, as collectors well know, what sometimes happens....it just goes from there. I like the simple designs, and the designs used in the Art Deco period.

can you post some coins you own ?

I manage money. I earn money. I save money .
    I give away money. I collect money.
    I don’t love money . I do love the Lord God.

• Options
    SYRACUSIANSYRACUSIAN Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭✭

10grams? Was that (and still is) your eBay handle? I remember a 10grams seller who had sold two Greek 2 drachmai, a 1873-A MS63 and a 1911 MS62, both bought by the same buyer, not me, some..... 14 years ago or nearby. Collecting Latin Union 2 francs, lire, drachmai, etc hence the username right ? You’re still back at that theme? :o

Dimitri

myEbay

DPOTD 3
  • Options

Yes, I'm still around, wishing I had not sold the 1873 2 Drachmai ! I am still collecting that theme.

• Options

bidask : I will try to post some examples

• Options

Yeah, I even remember it’s price. It was a wise decision to sell that 1911 though, which is now worth a third or less of what you sold it back then. Small world hein?

Sorry that I cannot help you with Tunisians of that period, although I liked and bought the older (Ottoman) 1/4 to 4 kharoub (copper) specimens from the Heaton mint collection, 10-12 years ago. I could never ever locate the 8 kharoub though, but I’ve long stopped losing any sleep over ANY coin.

Dimitri

myEbay

DPOTD 3
  • Options

The 2 drachmai from Crete is a beauty considering its immense rarity (62 or 62+ the best to date, worth around $25-$30K in this lofty grade). As for the Belgian specimen..... chapeau mon ami!

Dimitri

myEbay

DPOTD 3
  • Options

Thanks.

My Crete 2 Dr is NGC AU 55 and handsomely toned.

• Options
    bidaskbidask Posts: 13,865 ✭✭✭✭✭

I manage money. I earn money. I save money .
    I give away money. I collect money.
    I don’t love money . I do love the Lord God.

• Options
    PBRatPBRat Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭

• Options
    jfoot13jfoot13 Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭

my lone piece

If you can't swim you better stay in the boat.......
  • Options

Very nice coin.

• Options
    jfoot13jfoot13 Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭

thank you

If you can't swim you better stay in the boat.......