Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

A quick reminder please on ranking card attributes.......

How do you prioritize the attributes of a card ~ Centering, surface, corners, edges? 1st to 4th ..... :smile:

Comments

• 1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,242 ✭✭✭✭✭

Centering would have to be first. Can’t get a 10 without it, even if other three are perfect.

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• blurryfaceblurryface Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

measurements, centering, corners, surface then edges.

sometimes edges play a bigger role. '62 & '71 for example.

• hyperchipper09hyperchipper09 Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm an outlier. Focus, registration, corners, surface, centering, edges. I cannot tolerate focus / registration issues. Trips my collecting OCD in the worst way.

• brad31brad31 Posts: 2,558 ✭✭✭✭✭

Corners and centering are a balancing game - but registration and color is what makes me have to have a card vs want to have a card.

• DBesse27DBesse27 Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭✭✭

@hyperchipper09 said:
    I'm an outlier. Focus, registration, corners, surface, centering, edges. I cannot tolerate focus / registration issues. Trips my collecting OCD in the worst way.

I completely agree with this list, 1-6

Yaz Master Set
    #1 Gino Cappelletti master set
    #1 John Hannah master set

Also collecting Andre Tippett, Patriots Greats' RCs, 1964 Venezuelan Topps, 1974 Topps Red Sox

• mintonlyplsmintonlypls Posts: 1,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 27, 2020 5:45PM

centering, eye-popping color, corners, registration, edges

mint_only_pls
  • AANVAANV Posts: 329 ✭✭✭

@DBesse27 said:

@hyperchipper09 said:

You must hate 1948 Leaf Baseball.

• JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,208 ✭✭✭✭✭

On anything new EVERYTHING has to be perfect my only "problem" that doesn't bother me too much is top to bottom centering can be a little to the top of the card.

@1951WheatiesPremium said:
    Centering would have to be first. Can’t get a 10 without it, even if other three are perfect.

To be fair, you can't get a 10 without the others being "perfect" as well.

On cards I usually deal with, 1955-1975, it's pretty rare to find a card that is going to be in the 10 conversation that I can afford. Other than a slight centering issue towards the top, minor print dots don't bother me too much if in the background.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • DBesse27DBesse27 Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭✭✭

@AANV said:

@DBesse27 said:

@hyperchipper09 said:

You must hate 1948 Leaf Baseball.

My feelings on the set are about 50% indifference, 50% dislike.

Yaz Master Set
    #1 Gino Cappelletti master set
    #1 John Hannah master set

Also collecting Andre Tippett, Patriots Greats' RCs, 1964 Venezuelan Topps, 1974 Topps Red Sox