Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

The Bank Was Most Happy To See Me...

BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,081 ✭✭✭✭✭

...yesterday. I returned rolls of coins and was welcomed with open arms. They asked if I wanted to use the coin counting machine. No thanks. Did not want to be short changed.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".

Comments

• Options
    JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,831 ✭✭✭✭✭

Same here ... just not yesterday.

• Options
    SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭✭✭

This greeted me when I walked in the store yesterday:

In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have not run into any issues here - yet. Had a huge amount of coins in the coinstar reject slot yesterday...so seems people are cashing in their stashes....Still giving coin change at checkout. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    jdimmickjdimmick Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭✭✭

I live a little rural, and the one conv. store down the road, had a notice up needing rolled coins

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,554 ✭✭✭✭✭

I didn't notice much here yet as far as signs going. Give it time though

• Options
    TiborTibor Posts: 3,275 ✭✭✭✭✭

My local bank has a sign up about the "shortage", limiting the orders for retail
    businesses, yet do not offer a coin counting machine for customer use and they
    frown upon rolled coinage when it is brought in. Most small stores frown upon
    rolled coinage as well, but have the "coin shortage' sign on the front entrance.
    I had $25-$30 dollars worth of change a month ago. I just use it at the self check
    out, feeding in a couple of dollars worth each transaction.

• Options
    DCWDCW Posts: 6,991 ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe we can make special slabs for pocket change noting that the came from "emergency rolls."

Dead Cat Waltz Exonumia
    "Coin collecting for outcasts..."

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file