Home U.S. & World Currency Forum
Options

Question.. Help me

Large Note without knowing the full impact that corners have on the grade... faces up 65epq all day....

If the corners are rounded... How much are the corners going to impact the grade?

No folds, no paper crinkle no wrinkle nothing... crispy as if it were just printed but corners are a little rounded...

Comments

• Options
    numbersmannumbersman Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭✭

Pics would be very helpful.

Collector of numeral seals.That's the 1928 and 1928A series of FRNs with a number rather than a letter in the district seal. Owner/operator of Bottom Line Currency
  • Options
    RelaxnRelaxn Posts: 875 ✭✭✭✭

Pics would disclose the note for sale and I cannot do that yet.

• Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh well !!! ;)

Timbuk3
  • Options
    Steve_in_TampaSteve_in_Tampa Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Relaxn said:
    Pics would disclose the note for sale and I cannot do that yet.

Cover the serial numbers...

• Options
    mfontesmfontes Posts: 146 ✭✭✭

We really need to see the note but I would always assume if the note is raw and you think it’s CU/GEM without touching it then it’s probably an AU.

• Options
    RelaxnRelaxn Posts: 875 ✭✭✭✭

LOL...
    The note is no where near AU.. it will drop in near the top of the census... I am looking for information on corners that differentiate a 66 PPQ from a 64 PPQ... Its cool though. Have a good day

• Options
    numbersmannumbersman Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭✭

I want to assist but without seeing the note it is pretty difficult.I have had (recently sold) an amazing 1880 $5 (brown seal) that was at least a 64 in every way except all 4 corners were rounded.I bought it raw and examined it in great detail.I was surprised that it graded 58.I can only assume that the note must have been considered circulated in some way (certainly not folded) because how else did the corners get rounded? Granted,it could have happened due to poor storage over the years but nonetheless, it graded AU.It is also possible that your note has been circulated to some degree, thus the rounded corners, but then manipulated to look better than it actually is.Again,seeing the note would be helpful for these experienced eyes to determine what is actually happening so I can provide a better educated opinion on what to expect for a grade assignment.

Collector of numeral seals.That's the 1928 and 1928A series of FRNs with a number rather than a letter in the district seal. Owner/operator of Bottom Line Currency
  • Options
    sellitstoresellitstore Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭✭✭

Has this serial number been reported in a census? Gengerke or T&P? Is the serial number in a range of known CU notes or not? Certainly not definitive but a clue.

Collector and dealer in obsolete currency. Always buying all obsolete bank notes and scrip.