Home U.S. Coin Forum

First sticker buy...

joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi guy's, I liked this Kennedy for a few reasons. 1. PCGS holder 2. DCAM Grading 3. Tone and 4. The Rick Tomaska sticker.
I've heard somewhat of the man's stickers but not fully? I was wondering if his approval does enhance the value of the coin? Thanks for any reply.

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.

Comments

• JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice pick-up.

• WalkerfanWalkerfan Posts: 9,274 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 22, 2020 4:05PM

Not crazy about the toning, as it kind of obscures the cameo contrast, but nice grade and designation.

To me, his stickers are the CAC of cameo proofs, so yes, I'd pay more.

Sometimes, it’s better to be LUCKY than good. 🍀 🍺👍

My Full Walker Registry Set (1916-1947):

https://www.ngccoin.com/registry/competitive-sets/16292/

• chesterbchesterb Posts: 961 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't know. I discount his stickers because of the whole selling on TV thing. I wonder if it's a gimmick to sell more coins. Of all the sticker types, I would rank his last and I wouldn't pay up for it. Maybe the other forum members will educated me differently.

• PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 46,024 ✭✭✭✭✭

@chesterb said:
    I don't know. I discount his stickers because of the whole selling on TV thing. I wonder if it's a gimmick to sell more coins. Of all the sticker types, I would rank his last and I wouldn't pay up for it. Maybe the other forum members will educated me differently.

Agree but it is a cool looking sticker. :D

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.
    "Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value---zero."----Voltaire
    "Everything you say should be true, but not everything true should be said."----Voltaire

• CoinJunkieCoinJunkie Posts: 8,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

The sticker looks juiced... B)

• AlexinPAAlexinPA Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭✭✭

Another sticker.
    :s

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Stickers... we got stickers... we got lots and lots of stickers... :D Should be a song like that... ;) IMO...stickers are for perceived value at time of sale....and also add the necessary confidence factor for inexperienced buyers. Cheers, RickO

• johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 28,186 ✭✭✭✭✭

Cool I love new stickers. Nice grade on the coin to

• SeattleSlammerSeattleSlammer Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭✭✭

At least from these pics, it doesn’t look at all like ‘exceptional cameo contrast’ ... especially not for a DCAM designated coin ...

Now the sticker itself, that sticker does look to have an exceptional cameo.

I swear I’m not trying to be snarky. Just honest.

• abcde12345abcde12345 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭✭✭

Honestly, looks like the coin was dipped before slabbing (without proper rinsing) and what you have now is the after effects of such.

• joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 29, 2020 3:20PM

Just read this in a recent copy from Coin World. About their price guide. Can I assume their numbers are close to a reality price check? If so, maybe my purchase of this Kennedy can be very profitable? What do you guy's think? Sure, I do realize it all depends upon the buyer. Thanks .

This price doesn't include the Tomaska sticker.

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • CoinJunkieCoinJunkie Posts: 8,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't follow the Kennedy half market at all, but PCGS price guide for your 74-S is $15. PR70DCAM is about 100x that, so maybe submit it a few times... if you're feelin' lucky! :)

• joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 29, 2020 3:46PM

@CoinJunkie said:

PR70DCAM is about 100x that, so maybe submit it a few times... if you're feelin' lucky! :)

That is a future considerable thought? Thanks.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file