Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Evan Gale - hope he is OK!

ElmerFusterpuckElmerFusterpuck Posts: 4,627 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've run into him at coin shows past, and remembered he switched to ancient coins some time back. All you get on his site now is this message: "Due to complications caused by COVID-19 I am temporarily closed."

Hoping for the best, this virus can be a beast.

Comments

• Options
    CoinJunkieCoinJunkie Posts: 8,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow, that's very unfortunate. I've done business with him in the past, and always enjoyed perusing his selection of coins at shows. His message is a tad vague, but if he's contracted the disease himself, I wish him a full and speedy recovery!

• Options
    1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

I hope all is/ will be well.

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• Options
    TomBTomB Posts: 20,729 ✭✭✭✭✭

Do we know he has Covid-19 vs. being closed because of the commercial complications (shipping, replenishing inventory, etc...) of Covid-19?

Thomas Bush Numismatics & Numismatic Photography

In honor of the memory of Cpl. Michael E. Thompson

• Options
    SonorandesertratSonorandesertrat Posts: 5,695 ✭✭✭✭✭

When his website was still fully functional, he wrote that he had a medical issue that caused him to start slowing down. This was before the pandemic really hit.

Member: EAC, NBS, C4, CWTS, ANA

RMR: 'Wer, wenn ich schriee, hörte mich denn aus der Engel Ordnungen?'

CJ: 'No one!' [Ain't no angels in the coin biz]
  • Options
    Newman1908Newman1908 Posts: 32 ✭✭

I really hope he pulls through.

• Options
    CommemDudeCommemDude Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 23, 2020 6:52AM

I don't think it's an announcement that he has covid, but in any case Evan is a fantastic guy and a mentor, and I pray that his medical issues resolve.

Dr Mikey
    Commems and Early Type
  • Options
    BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭

I just noticed his website is gone...

Anyone have an update on Evan?

To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!
  • Options
    VeepVeep Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭✭

Wishing him the best.

I met Evan at a big show about ten years ago when I was collecting commemorative halves. He was in one of the back rows and when I got to him, I was still empty handed. When I left his table, I had a mittful of really nice coins for my collection.

"Let me tell ya Bud, you can buy junk anytime!"
  • Options
    CoinJunkieCoinJunkie Posts: 8,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just tried to send him an e-mail at his old aprci.com address, and it bounced. I sincerely hope he is OK.

• Options
    BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CoinJunkie said:
    Just tried to send him an e-mail at his old aprci.com address, and it bounced. I sincerely hope he is OK.

Ugh :'(

To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!
  • Options
    SeattleSlammerSeattleSlammer Posts: 9,959 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sorry to hear that @Justacommeman .. he’s a good guy I will send prayers.

• Options
    DRUNNERDRUNNER Posts: 3,800 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hopeful thoughts. Our relationships have been few and far between . . . but we never like to hear when one of the stalwarts is having trouble . . .

Drunner

• Options
    WalkerfanWalkerfan Posts: 8,971 ✭✭✭✭✭

This is terrible news.

Sending sincere thoughts and healing prayers!!!

“I may not believe in myself but I believe in what I’m doing” ~Jimmy Page~

My Full Walker Registry Set (1916-1947)

https://www.ngccoin.com/registry/competitive-sets/16292/

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 23, 2021 12:19PM

Remember the days when there were big coin shows? There were a handful of dealer friends I would go say hi to before I made my way around the bourse. Evan was one of those dealer friends. He is a really good man

Now that I think of it he was never at his table. I would have to chase him around the bourse as he scoured it

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    edwardjulioedwardjulio Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 28, 2021 2:43PM

End Systemic Elitism - It Takes All Of Us

• Options
    RichieURichRichieURich Posts: 8,371 ✭✭✭✭✭

Evan is one of the good guys. I hope he gets better.

An authorized PCGS dealer, and a contributor to the Red Book.

• Options
    WAYNEASWAYNEAS Posts: 6,345 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Justacommeman said:
    I just "talked" to him via text. He is not doing well. The prognosis is not good. The details are not mine to tell.

Personally I'm sending him positive thoughts and wishes

m

thank you for your post

Kennedys are my quest...

• Options
    thefinnthefinn Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭✭✭

I know an Evan Gale, and this must not be him. This one hasn't been in prison for the last 20+ years.

thefinn
  • Options
    BigMooseBigMoose Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭

Before he switched to Ancients, Evan always had an array of wonderful, eye appealing U.S. coins at the shows where he set up. He is a very good man and as honest as the day is long. It is very distressing to hear about his health issues. I wish him the very best.

TomT-1794

Check out some of my 1794 Large Cents on www.coingallery.org
  • Options
    MgarmyMgarmy Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

Prayers out for him

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

• Options
    TPRCTPRC Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Justacommeman said:
    Remember the days when there were big coin shows? There were a handful of dealer friends I would go say hi to before I made my way around the bourse. Evan was one of those dealer friends. He is a really good man

Now that I think of it he was never at his table. I would have to chase him around the bourse as he scoured it

m

I am resurrecting this post because I have heard nothing on this in the last nearly year and one-half and I had similar experiences with Evan, always positive. I don't wish to pry but if anyone has an update that can be made public, I'd appreciate it.

Tom

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file