Home Precious Metals
Options

Silver Eagles & Gold Eagles, again, slowly rising in Price on eBay....

Wolf359Wolf359 Posts: 7,653 ✭✭✭

I've been watching since COMEX started breaking down in March. Supply is slightly down, prices are up in the past 2 weeks again.

Slabbed stuff is certainly getting a premium, but even raw Silver Eagles coin usually trade around $27.50 now. Maybe more for certain years, like 96.

If the rise continues, there will be a run.

Comments

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,209 ✭✭✭✭✭

I notice APMEX on line is carrying the highest premiums I have seen them carry, but in all fairness metal prices themselves have been slowly climbing.

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,514 ✭✭✭✭✭

They. Been climbing slowly for a while now

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

There is definitely a market for the hard metals right now....Seems bullion is attracting the prepper crowd and those peripheral people who get nervous in times such as we are now experiencing. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    CoinHoarderCoinHoarder Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭✭✭

I bought some 2020 raw silver eagles at Provident Metals Saturday night on sale. I paid $22.73 each. I checked this morning. They are no longer on sale, and we’re $25.99 each.

• Options
    blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would be VERY cautious of paying those types of premiums on silver eagles. IMO it will take years (if ever) just to get back to break even. Silver can't even hold $18. It's been almost a decade since it last saw $27.50 and has been nowhere close since.

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

• Options
    fivecentsfivecents Posts: 11,207 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have way over 300 hundred 2008 W burnished ASE in OG mint boxes. Looks like the are selling for $55 on ebay. Time to start selling.
    Bought them during the 2008 REV 07 craziness.

• Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,380 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have way over 300 hundred 2008 W burnished ASE in OG mint boxes. Looks like the are selling for $55 on ebay. Time to start selling.

It was easy to get swept up in the rush to capture the Mint's next manufactured rarities. 2006-2008 was especially ripe with possibilities, and some of them did pay off.

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options

@jmski52 said:

It was easy to get swept up in the rush to capture the Mint's next manufactured rarities. 2006-2008 was especially ripe with possibilities, and some of them did pay off.

It paid off for me finding 100++ 2008 W REV 07. Just didn't want to return these NON 08REV07 ASEs coins back to the mint. Would've been a no class move on my part. So I kept them all these years. All the ASEs are in a canvas bag in vaullt the boxes are in attic.

• Options

2008 was a very good year for mint eagle products.

Hey nickel, when you get to trade the bars for an ankle monitor?

• Options

@derryb said:

If you're just dying to know, I'll screen shot my release date and jail perimeters....

• Options

@fivecents said:

@derryb said:

If you're just dying to know, I'll screen shot my release date and jail perimeters....

It could happen to any of you old school thinkers. Watch your mouths. You are being held to a higher standard now.. I am going to the freezer to get me an American inuit pie. Heath bar flavored.

• Options
    Wolf359Wolf359 Posts: 7,653 ✭✭✭

@fivecents said:

@fivecents said:

@derryb said:

It could happen to any of you old school thinkers. Watch your mouths. You are being held to a higher standard now.. I am going to the freezer to get me an American inuit pie. Heath bar flavored.

All I can say, is companies that interfere with free speech have no business doing so. You can say it's their message board, but it's OUR RIGHTS you are playing with. Section 230 needs to be repealed. When that happens, these companies will back pedal so fast it's not funny.

• Options

there goes parole

• Options

@derryb said:
    there goes parole

The hot chicks dig us dangerous types poindexter. I am sooo edgey it's sexy. All my coin friends say I look like Sam Elliott.

• Options

"Sometimes you eat the bar and well sometimes the bar eats you"

• Options
    streeterstreeter Posts: 4,312 ✭✭✭✭✭

5cents, you carry a badge of honor. All I have is one slap from Willis.

And to think I was at the Peoples Park riot in Berkeley in '72 with the Full Blooded Italians on the rooftops with telephoto lens.

Nothing beats the edginess of the Metals Forum.

Have a nice day