Home Metal Detecting

Quality hour in the woods

Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,624 ✭✭✭✭✭

Back to my turn of the century picnic spot in the woods cause I know there's more to be dug. 6-8" down on all 4 coins, strong signals. 1896, 1900, 1907 IHC and a 1927 wheatie. Also a ladies long thin hat pin. I'll be back. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52

Comments

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great finds Roy... That spot just keeps on giving.... Cheers, RickO

• Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,624 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well over 100+ IHC so far. Moved a lot of downed limbs to expose more ground to wack at. Paid off. Have a good day @ricko

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52

• johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,411 ✭✭✭✭✭

Cool finds :)

• No HeadlightsNo Headlights Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭✭✭

Watch out for the neighborhood hornets. Good luck with the search

• pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,723 ✭✭✭✭✭

nice finds and lots of work. In my neck of the woods you would be fighting ticks at this time of year.

No kidding @No Headlights . Last year I got attacked twice here. I'm watching and listening while I dig. I think I'm more concerned about the ticks. The hunt continues. Peace Roy

Don't forget the 'murder hornets' :D That was a big scare earlier in the year...seems to have faded now. Ticks are a big worry though, nasty disease carriers.... Good clothes and repellent are necessary. I even have our yard sprayed a couple times a year...protects the dogs. Cheers, RickO

• 1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Namvet69
    How do you cleanup the IHC's, or are they fairly clean out of the ground like a silver dime?
    Thanks
    Boston

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• DBSTrader2DBSTrader2 Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭✭

What happened out in those woods in the past that you find so many coins? Old school/playground? Store? Other?

@DBSTrader2 based on what I've dug so far, it's the remains of a work camp site of an early railroad line that ran on the NJ side of the Delaware river. Lots of fresh water oyster shells, railroad spikes forged together into splitting wedges, applied top bottle shards and lots of 19th century and early 20th C. coins. A few assorted womans jewelry, fragments of eating utensils. Peace Roy

@Namvet69 .... Old sites like that can produce some really interesting finds - beyond coins in many cases. Cheers, RickO

• JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,767 ✭✭✭✭✭

Excellent finds!!!