Home Precious Metals

World's ultra-wealthy go for gold amid stimulus bonanza (Reuters, not pumper site)

carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭✭
edited June 20, 2020 6:10AM in Precious Metals

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-gold-wealth-analys/worlds-ultra-wealthy-go-for-gold-amid-stimulus-bonanza-idUSKBN23P253

"ZURICH/LONDON (Reuters) - As stock markets roar back from the coronavirus-led rout, advisers to the world’s wealthy are urging them to hold more gold, questioning the strength of the rally and the long-term impact of global central banks’ cash splurge. "

Loves me some shiny!

Comments

• tincuptincup Posts: 5,027 ✭✭✭✭✭

Makes sense to me. Having gold is a wise diversification move IMO, especially as an 'insurance' type holding.

----- kj
  • derrybderryb Posts: 36,580 ✭✭✭✭✭

They are now a "pumper" site. lol

"How many times can a man turn his head and pretend he just doesn’t see?” - Bob Dylan

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

For long term stackers, this is just another warning of what 'could' happen....Moving right along... ;) Cheers, RickO

• blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,738 ✭✭✭✭✭

@derryb said:

29K posts about gold and silver going to the moon, comex imploding blah blah blah. I wouldn't call Reuters a pumper site but you certainly are.

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

• derrybderryb Posts: 36,580 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 20, 2020 12:05PM

@blitzdude said:

@derryb said:

29K posts about gold and silver going to the moon, comex imploding blah blah blah. I wouldn't call Reuters a pumper site but you certainly are.

And we know why YOU visit the forum. First you were jealous of my stack, then my trades and now my post count? LOL. Guess I shouldn't post any pics of my beautiful spouse.

"How many times can a man turn his head and pretend he just doesn’t see?” - Bob Dylan

• blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,738 ✭✭✭✭✭

@derryb said:

@blitzdude said:

@derryb said:

And we know why YOU visit the forum. First you were jealous of my stack, then my trades and now my post count? LOL. Guess I shouldn't post any pics of my beautiful spouse.

You certainly are a legend in your own mind. You and your $27/oz monster boxes of eagles. Stack on. lol

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

• fivecentsfivecents Posts: 11,207 ✭✭✭✭✭

@carew4me said:
    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-gold-wealth-analys/worlds-ultra-wealthy-go-for-gold-amid-stimulus-bonanza-idUSKBN23P253

"ZURICH/LONDON (Reuters) - As stock markets roar back from the coronavirus-led rout, advisers to the world’s wealthy are urging them to hold more gold, questioning the strength of the rally and the long-term impact of global central banks’ cash splurge. "

• roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 20, 2020 7:42PM

@ricko said:
    For long term stackers, this is just another warning of what 'could' happen....Moving right along... ;) Cheers, RickO

What about long term "stackers" in the stock market. There's an 8-15 yr 'correction' coming as a result of the rally from 1998-2020+. So another "warning" of what "could" happen.

Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,633 ✭✭✭✭✭

There's an 8-15 yr 'correction' coming as a result of the rally from 1998-2020+. So another "warning" of what "could" happen.

The question is how long can they put off the inevitable. Apparently, for quite awhile.

However - the fact is that - MMT (money creation to pay for every ill-conceived spending program) has never worked in the past - anywhere in the world throughout history), so there's no reasonable expectation that it will work this time either.

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 44,191 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well I'm not ultra wealthy. Possibly caused from buying gold instead of stocks all these years. But it's easier trading gold than paper.

HE>I