Home Metal Detecting

White's going out of business??

pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭

Someone posted this on one of the facebook forums. Not sure what's going on, but I'm sure we'll hear more shortly.

My first detector was a White's, then I upgraded to a White's Spectrum XLT. After taking a break from detecting for 7 or so years, I had a tough decision to get either the Minelab Etrac or the White's Vision (I believe it was renamed to the Spectra V3 name). After careful thought I went with the Etrac due to the fact the White's detector hadn't been released just yet. I have many fond memories of my dad and I using our White's machines for many years. I hope they can continue, but I really don't know of anyone who has purchased one recently, or anything they have in the works.

Comments

• Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭✭✭

30 years ago, my first unit was an XLT. Expensive at the time, worked great, killer penetration, dug tons of coins. Backed my truck over it, switched to AT Pro. Better unit, better fit and finish, better price point. Given the array of manufacturers, someone had to come up short. Peace Roy

• rickoricko Posts: 74,591 ✭✭✭✭✭

WOW!!! All my machines are White's....great technology, quality and awesome customer service. This is very sad. Cheers, RickO

• johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 21,402 ✭✭✭✭✭

I love both my white. What a bummer to hear

• jgoetz4jgoetz4 Posts: 7
    edited June 20, 2020 5:06PM

My first White's was a 5000D, I bought back in 1978 or 79. I still use it periodically.

• metalmeistermetalmeister Posts: 4,071 ✭✭✭✭✭

My White's Goldmaster still works great. Bought in the 1990's.
    Say it ain't so.

email: [email protected]

100% Positive BST transactions

I wonder if someone - or some group - will pick up the service/repair for existing machines. Has anyone heard further details?? Cheers, RickO

• Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hopefully the regional product service guys will step up and announce their intentions. They probably have parts inventory and the technical know-how. Peace Roy

I expect some enterprising group will buy White's inventory and perhaps even hire some of their technical people, in order to provide repair services to what I believe is a very large public inventory. Cheers, RickO

• AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 22,057 ✭✭✭✭✭

Another COVID-19 death......so sad. My V-Sat from early 90's is still working just fine.

bob :)

Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), [email protected]