Home Metal Detecting
Options

Landscaping find!

Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭✭✭

So I'm moving a small dissect leaf Japanese maple tree, dug a root ball, moved it. Big pile of soil to refill the hole, I'm screening the soil to remove debris, rocks, etc. And what to my wondering eyes should appear....an 1816 Coronet head large cent. Honey...where's my detector? Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

Comments

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow... How cool is that?....Where did the pile of soil come from?? Nice find...hope you find another....Cheers, RickO

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ricko I had to dig around the tree to create a rootball. Our house is 1950's but the house on the eastside is late 1790. And our street is a section of the original York Road from Philadelphia to NY. West is a tollhouse as this stretch of York Rd was private and led to Coryells ferry (New Hope Pa.) to cross the Delaware to NJ. I love history. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,523 ✭✭✭✭✭

Way cool find

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Namvet69 ....Thanks for the reply Roy.... Nice historical area where you are...and that coin has likely been in the ground for 200 years there...Cheers, RickO