Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

PCGS #3 All-Time Finest Booker T. Washington (Numismatic Tribute to Booker T. Washington)

Hi everyone,

I hope you're well and staying safe. I just wanted to share my recent accomplishment of completing my BTW Commemorative set.
I was super elated to reach the #5 spot not long ago, and declared it a miracle once I peaked at #3 a couple weeks back. I had fun collecting for this set, coupled with lots of disappointments along the way too. (Getting bad grades as an adult seems to hurt more than it did when I was in school. :D ) I decided to create a formal Numismatic Tribute to Booker T. Washington. Check it out when you can, and let me know your thoughts.

Here's the link to my PCGS Set Registry...leave a comment so I can see who you are, and check out your collection(s). I'll comment back. I never get tired of looking at coins. Mark C. (now at #10! Whoo-hoo!!!) and I became great friends just from a kind comment he made on my set page. Check out his set too! He's got some beauts!
THE POOBAH COLLECTION: Tribute to Booker T. Washington

Below is the link to my formal Numismatic Tribute to BTW...I designed the site and had a bunch of fun being creative with the exhibition artwork. If anyone needs help with presenting your coins for exhibition, etc. I don't mind, and typically won't charge a fee just to be a blessing. I have a little time on my hands, but not a lot, so I'm down.

Check it out on a computer, if you can. Mobile is cool too, but the images "pop" more on larger screens. Hope you like it!

Click here to view the Numismatic Tribute to Booker T. Washington

Thanks for reading. I'm on Facebook. Like my FB page, and let's be Friends! I collect other cool stuff you might enjoy seeing. I'll check back here on the forum periodically for some exchange.
Poobah on Facebook
❤️, ✌🏽, and Struck Thru Grease...
-Poobah

Comments

• Options
    goldengolden Posts: 9,054 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow, just wow! A superb Numismatic tribute! Beautifully done!

• Options

Hi @golden
    Thanks for the great compliment! You’ve seen a lot in your time, especially here on the forums, so that means a lot coming from you! I’m glad you liked it, but more so for taking the time to share a kind remark. Where can I find your collection(s)? Just curious and would like to take a look.

• Options
    winestevenwinesteven Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭✭✭

What a phenomenal set! I’m sure this took a lot of time and patience. So beautiful! You should be so VERY proud! Congratulations on this accomplishment. Steve.

A day without fine wine and working on your coin collection is like a day without sunshine!!!

My collecting “Pride & Joy” is my PCGS Registry Dansco 7070 Set:
    https://www.pcgs.com/setregistry/type-sets/design-type-sets/complete-dansco-7070-modified-type-set-1796-date/publishedset/213996
  • Options
    RelaxnRelaxn Posts: 866 ✭✭✭✭

Poobah: Absolutely awesome set and an awesome website! A world class set with a website to match! Kudos to you!!!

Jason

• Options
    giorgio11giorgio11 Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow, what a fantastic tribute to a great man, and great coins as well. Great computer work as well, a loving project. Happy Juneteenth!

Kind regards,

George

VDBCoins.com Our Registry Sets Many successful BSTs; pls ask.
  • Options
    MarkMark Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Poobah What a very nice set. I especially like the toning on the 50-S. I echo @winesteven with congratulations!!

I've been working on my own set of BTWs and currently sit at #9 in the Current Finest. I'm trying to eventually have all 67s, which will boost me all the way to #8. :) But I like the appearance of the coin and admire the man, so I think it's definitely worth my time and money.

Mark

• Options
    messydeskmessydesk Posts: 19,692 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very nice set and nice presentation as well. Congrats on your #3 spot!

• Options

@Relaxn said:
    Poobah: Absolutely awesome set and an awesome website! A world class set with a website to match! Kudos to you!!!

Jason

@winesteven said:
    What a phenomenal set! I’m sure this took a lot of time and patience. So beautiful! You should be so VERY proud! Congratulations on this accomplishment. Steve.

Thanks for the love Jason & Steve! Feels great to have someone who understands coins to compliment my work. I'm surprised there aren't more people that actually collect, or into the hobby, at least in my circles. Same for you guys??? Most of family and friends could could care less about the hobby, and get tired of me talking about coins! :| I'm like, you'd like it if you open up to it. I guess it's just hobby preference really. I'm not into sports or collecting baseball cards, as an example, so I'm sure those enthusiasts would think it strange I don't dig it like they do.

I was joking when I told my family on a group text that would join a coin forum with people who really cared, (my feeble attempt to make them guilty😄), but I wound up doing it anyway! I have to make myself get off CU Discussions because I get pulled into all the different interesting threads!

@giorgio11 I visited your coin shop page and was quite impressed! Collector first, dealer second...not sure how you balance that out, but I admire it! It's hard for me to sell stuff I really like!😄 I've got pop art, diamonds, designer toys, and all kinds of cool collector's stuff that I trick myself into buying by saying I'll eventually sell it. Me selling my coins is an impossibility! Lol!
    At any rate, I've bookmarked your online store, VDB Coins, and have my eye on a couple of Morgans to purchase this week. I checked your commems section, and saw one; keep me posted if you come across any Washington-Carver commems, please. I'm working on this collection. Raw W/C's are cool too, so keep me in mind.

I appreciate you guys for commenting and giving me the Like. It means a lot. Stay blessed; stay safe!

-Poobah

• Options
    giorgio11giorgio11 Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Poobah thanks for the kind words and for checking my site! I appreciate it!

Best regards,

George

VDBCoins.com Our Registry Sets Many successful BSTs; pls ask.
  • Options

If you end up furthering your collection I’ve got two 1948 D top pops 67+ and I am willing to part with one

• Options

Here are some pictures