Home Precious Metals
Options

Thieves make off with C$10 million in silver bars

carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,464 ✭✭✭✭

https://www.kitco.com/news/2020-06-16/Thieves-make-off-with-C-10-million-in-silver-bars.html

C$10 million !

Reward for information........
$2000 ($1477 USD)

Loves me some shiny!

Comments

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,219 ✭✭✭✭✭

tip
    inside job

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

No current information on this theft?? Seems to me, that five months later, there should be some further news. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    TomBTomB Posts: 20,734 ✭✭✭✭✭

$2,000 CDN for someone flipping information to recover $10,000,000 CDN? Wow.

Thomas Bush Numismatics & Numismatic Photography

In honor of the memory of Cpl. Michael E. Thompson

• Options
    Jinx86Jinx86 Posts: 3,671 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hasnt walked in my shop yet. Not sure anyone would give em up for chicken feed either.

• Options
    1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ricko
    Seems to be a common amount and practice in Canada..........this is from 2015

CANADA
    Five suspects arrested in $10M Montreal silver heist
    CTVNews.ca Staff
    Published Thursday, September 10, 2015 7:30AM EDT
    Last Updated Thursday, September 10, 2015 3:12PM EDT

Five men have been arrested in connection with the theft of $10 million worth of silver bars that went missing from a shipping container at the Port of Montreal last week.

Police said approximately one third of the 16,000 kilograms of silver has been recovered, after about a dozen raids conducted overnight in homes, warehouses and an industrial property in suburban Montreal.

Tips from the public led to the raids and the arrests of the five men, who are between 35 and 53 years old, police said. At least one of them is known to police.

Three of the men appeared in court Thursday morning and were released. They are expected back in court at a later date. Two other men are expected to appear in court Thursday afternoon.

The arrests come a week after a white 1997 Freightliner was stolen in the city’s west end. Police say the truck was driven to the port where the silver was taken and loaded onto the truck.

Two days later, the container was found empty in Repentigny, Que., which is located just north of Montreal.

The Port of Montreal said it has biometric security measures in place, plus approximately 350 surveillance cameras.

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• Options
    1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 17, 2020 12:32PM

Here's a look at the stolen bars [bricks]

https://youtu.be/4IbUgGL57oo

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• Options
    SmudgeSmudge Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭✭✭

Arrested while buying a back brace? Kidding.

• Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow, that's a lotta silver !!! :)

Timbuk3
  • Options
    JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,821 ✭✭✭✭✭

:o