Home U.S. Coin Forum

New Trueview for my Uncommon Common Seated Half Dollar

JBNJBN Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭✭✭

Although a common date for the Liberty Seated half dollar series, I like the look, variety, and clash action on this piece.

Comments

• P0CKETCHANGEP0CKETCHANGE Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh that is very nice and I would not hesitate to have a coin like that as my type set example.

Nothing is as expensive as free money.

• MidLifeCrisisMidLifeCrisis Posts: 10,540 ✭✭✭✭✭

@TomB said:
    It's gorgeous!

Ditto!

• lkeigwinlkeigwin Posts: 16,892 ✭✭✭✭✭

What a great example. Love it.
    Lance.

• WalkerfanWalkerfan Posts: 9,274 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very nice!

Looks really natural.........Pure and unadulterated.

The way that it should look.

Sometimes, it’s better to be LUCKY than good. 🍀 🍺👍

My Full Walker Registry Set (1916-1947):

https://www.ngccoin.com/registry/competitive-sets/16292/

• oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 12,178 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am certain that there are several collectors who like the look of this Half Dollar...and you can count me among them.

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭✭

Really nice coin.

• SmudgeSmudge Posts: 9,488 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice, very nice.

• kazkaz Posts: 9,142 ✭✭✭✭✭

One of those coins that makes you say aaaaaaaahhhh!

• steelieleesteelielee Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭

Like it.

Many successful BST transactions with dozens of board members, references on request.
  • bolivarshagnastybolivarshagnasty Posts: 7,350 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great look!

• amwldcoinamwldcoin Posts: 11,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

That looks like a text book original 45. Is that the grade?

• TennesseeDaveTennesseeDave Posts: 4,773 ✭✭✭✭✭

Love it !!!

Trade $'s
  • Dave99BDave99B Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭✭✭

So dang original, I feel like crying. That’s how all circulated Seated Halves should look!

Dave

Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

That is a very, very nice coin. Nice even surfaces and good detail. Cheers, RickO

• CatbertCatbert Posts: 7,032 ✭✭✭✭✭

4 year old thread but deserving of a bump for this coin's superior appearance!

"Got a flaming heart, can't get my fill"
  • maymay Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 31, 2024 4:50PM

Very nice surfaces and color. :)

Type collector, mainly into Seated. -formerly Ownerofawheatiehorde. Good BST transactions with: mirabela, OKCC, MICHAELDIXON, Gerard

• BarberianBarberian Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Catbert said:

I had to hit the "like" button twice because I'd forgotten this thread. The first "like" erased the "like" I entered 4 years ago.

That is an amazing coin! A richly toned, circulated cameo look so stunning that it will stop you in your tracks at shows. A circulated "gem!" And I have room for a 75-S as well.

3 rim nicks away from Good
  • JBNJBN Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Catbert said:

Thanks for the resurrection. Nice to see the last post on the thread was from Ricko.
    The 1875-S half is also nice because of its R4 die pairing, one characteristic is the wide mint mark.

• jesbrokenjesbroken Posts: 9,947 ✭✭✭✭✭

That should be a CoinFacts photo of what an untouched 149 year old mildly worn coin should look like. My opinion. I actually love it. This LSD was in my 1st 7070 and hate I ever sold it.
    Jim

When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest....Abraham Lincoln

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.....Mark Twain

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file