Home Sports Talk
Options

Would you forgive?

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,048 ✭✭✭✭✭

Would you stay mad at a player if he blew it for your team, or would you forgive him?

Comments

• Options
    edited June 4, 2020 8:43PM

There have been some players in the past that have blown the big one, and I have been a part of this subject up close and personal...

Dive for that ball with everything you have Cam, it's the Super Bowl!!

• Options

I have also witnessed other players blow it...

Scott Norwood misses the game winning Super Bowl kick.

• Options

As far as Cam goes, I'll never forgive his boneheaded lack of effort. This is the moment you dream of as a kid, and to not dive in there with your life for that fumble for a potential Super Bowl title is just inexcusable.

• Options
    edited June 4, 2020 8:58PM

Since the Red Sox have won a bunch of World Series, I would forgive Bill Buckner for his incident.

• Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,233 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nothing to forgive if the player is trying their hardest and makes a bad play.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭✭✭

this is as inexcusable as it gets, imo. talk about a gutless POS. i'm no Rangers fan, but i know quite a few and many of them are still livid with Nelson Cruz to this very day. i guarantee you i would have blown a hole in the right field wall on this play.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEEOZpdp9bo

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,531 ✭✭✭✭✭

Time usually heals things, I say yes for players if they made a solid effort and failed then yes it’s forgivable. As far as that glaring Buckner play I somewhat forgave him but not 100% 🤷‍♂️

• Options

With Cam, I want to see him on national TV in front of the world, in tears like Jimmy Swaggart, confessing his Super Bowl sins!

I HAVE SINNED AGAINST YOU PANTHER FANS!!

• Options
    JRR300JRR300 Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭✭

@JoeBanzai said:
    Nothing to forgive if the player is trying their hardest and makes a bad play.

absolutely. we are all human and unfortunately are not perfect. Wouldn't be very happy about it but would not just blame the offending player.

• Options

Cam is lucky that I don't reach out to my gypsy connections, and have the old woman put a curse on him!

• Options

There is absolutely no excuse for his effort on that play, or lack thereof. He would be at the top of the hate list after that play.

• Options

@JRR300 said:
    There is absolutely no excuse for his effort on that play, or lack thereof. He would be at the top of the hate list after that play.

Yes, and it's the Super Bowl! The game of your life! The moment that you dream of as a kid, playing football with your friends in your backyard! No excuses for not diving on that ball.

• Options

@doubledragon said:

Yes, and it's the Super Bowl! The game of your life! The moment that you dream of as a kid, playing football with your friends in your backyard! No excuses for not diving on that ball.

other than self preservation. He will be remembered for that moment always.

• Options
    1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,244 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:

@JRR300 said:

I bet Joe Louis gets that ball!

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• Options

@1951WheatiesPremium said:

@doubledragon said:

@JRR300 said:

I bet Joe Louis gets that ball!

😂 You're darn right, and Joe would never wear a ridiculous hat like this!

• Options

😂

• Options

He could never be forgiven for that hat!!!

• Options

Just look at Cam's pregame cleats. They have a tail !

• Options

Man, that's just WRONG! I don't mean the picture either.

• Options

🙄

• Options

the critter in the bottom pic would have dived for that ball in the super bowl

• Options

@JRR300 said:
    the critter in the bottom pic would have dived for that ball in the super bowl

I wouldn't doubt it, squirrels are tremendous athletes!

• Options
    lightningboylightningboy Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭

The Norwood kick has appeared on many lists. I could see if you are a Bill's fan, having a hard time forgiving him, as this ended up being the closest they ever came to winning it all. But, in reality, it wasnt an extra point or chip shot. It was nearly 50 yards at a time when far fewer kickers regularly made 50 yard field goals. This should never be mentioned along side blowing it due to lack of effort (Cam).

That said, I will never have a warm spot in my heart for Jackie Smith

• Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,233 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 6, 2020 2:26PM

@lightningboy said:

That said, I will never have a warm spot in my heart for Jackie Smith

Saw a video on youtube on the greatest tight ends of all time. How on earth did he miss it? Looks like it was such an easy catch, he relaxed and took his eyes off the ball.

Norwood shouldn't really be on the list, he did his best and missed. Offense should have gotten him into better field position.

My number one offender is Randy Moss, who left the field with time remaining on the clock, because he was "tired".

The Vikings had very little chance of scoring a TD, recovering an onsides kick and scoring again, but you just can't walk off the field.

Not trying to catch passes over the middle was common for him, you came to expect that. YUCK!

Maybe there's a reason he was never a Super Bowl winner despite being on not one, but TWO amazing teams.

Hmmmmm..........ya think?

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,732 ✭✭✭✭✭

I do not need to forgive Cam Newton for his lack of effort in fumble recovery.

In my case I give him a big "Thank You" for his lack of effort.

The fumble recovery by Denver and the follow up score was a big moment in that game for my favorite team.