Home Precious Metals

Fed Balance Sheet Trends

ShadyDaveShadyDave Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭✭✭

Was looking at the fed website and stumbled upon a few interesting charts linked below. They give a good picture of recent fed intervention and monetary policy.

Fed Balance Sheet:
https://www.federalreserve.gov/monetarypolicy/bst_recenttrends.htm

Money Supply:
https://fred.stlouisfed.org/series/M2

Comments

• BobSavBobSav Posts: 913 ✭✭✭

Scary as all get out if you ask me !
    Bob

Past transactions with:
    Lordmarcovan, WTCG, YogiBerraFan, Phoenin21, LindeDad, Coll3ctor, blue594, robkoll, Mike Dixon, BloodMan, Flakthat and others.
  • DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,350 ✭✭✭✭✭

Spike!

• derrybderryb Posts: 36,580 ✭✭✭✭✭

Do they have any insurance for this? lol

"How many times can a man turn his head and pretend he just doesn’t see?” - Bob Dylan

• MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,697 ✭✭✭✭✭

All is well! All is Well!

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,937 ✭✭✭✭✭

Kinda > @derryb said:

Do they have any insurance for this? lol

Kinda matches a chart of the stock market more than anything. ;)

Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Fasten your seatbelts.... not sure when the ride will begin, but once it does, hang on.... :D Cheers, RickO

edited July 8, 2020 10:16AM

FED balance sheet is just an entry for the other side of money creation. It's a bookkeeping thing, nothing to do with reality.

It does however destroy confidence. The economy is built on confidence that it will not crumble tomorrow.

"How many times can a man turn his head and pretend he just doesn’t see?” - Bob Dylan

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@derryb....The economy may not tumble tomorrow...however, this pandemic (I guess it qualifies as a black swan event) has sure shaken the foundation a tad. I think we have yet to see the full effects....Cheers, RickO

It will bring lots of "surprises."