Home Sports Talk
Options

Should college be a requirement?

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,011 ✭✭✭✭✭

Curious about opinions on whether college should be a requirement for entry into pro sports?

Comments

• Options
    edited June 1, 2020 11:50PM

Of course I attended a different university than most. I have fond memories of my college days, and the campus of my alma mater still looks the same...

• Options
    coolstanleycoolstanley Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭✭✭

NO

Terry Bradshaw was AMAZING!!

Ignore list -Basebal21

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,513 ✭✭✭✭✭

Absolutely not, if you can make the team your good enough to play.

• Options
    jay0791jay0791 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭✭

no way

Collecting PSA... FB,BK,HK,and BB HOF RC sets
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets
    1948-1993 NY Yankee Team Sets
  • Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

college should disqualify you . You want a degree go get one , you want to play sports play sports.

Why do billionaire owners have a developmental league paid for by others ? In many cases by taxpayers ?

burn down the whole place and make them start over

• Options

I agree, if they have the talent to make the team, let em go pro.

• Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,252 ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree 100%. Why let guys like Kobe and LeBron into the league before they are 22. 😂😂👍😂

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:
    I agree, if they have the talent to make the team, let em go pro.

No seriously though , colleges are subsidizing the pro football and basketball leagues by feeding players into them.

Are the NFL and NBA owners having trouble making ends meet selling 10$ hotdogs or $100 jerseys or what?

Colleges are subsidized by taxpayers so everyone who pays taxes in the end is helping pay for these pro teams.

Lets just shut all these sports down forever , I'm tired of footing the bill for the owners who inherited these franchises their mommy and daddy put together

• Options
    SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,721 ✭✭✭✭✭

No.

In fact there should be no requirement that someone graduate from high school.

Some top level athletes have the talent to play professionally and get paid at 16 years of age (i.e. tennis, golf, basketball, baseball, hockey, etc).

Overseas some players go pro at 13 or 14.

• Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,484 ✭✭✭✭✭

Never

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?