Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Coin Dealers- What is you favorite online selling venue now and why?

VernoVerno Posts: 325 ✭✭✭

As a follow up, do you see internet sales outstripping other venues this year???? Thanks, RJ

Comments

• Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 1, 2020 3:21PM

I can't speak for dealers but as a collector I actually like the PCGS Collectors Corner. it has listings for thousands of coins and gives me access to probably hundreds of dealers. it's a snap to go from the corner to the dealer website.

• Options
    CoinJunkieCoinJunkie Posts: 8,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

Most dealers of any consequence have their own web site. If not, they're leaving serious money on the table. For an occasional seller such as myself it's either eBay or GC depending on several factors. Heritage for my occasional big ticket sales.

• Options
    winestevenwinesteven Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 1, 2020 6:41PM

I’m not a dealer, but a collector. In searching for coins I need, I first look at auctions such as Heritage, GC, DLRC, and Legend.

I also look regularly at collectorscorner.com for the very reasons stated above by @keets . Using their filters, within seconds you can drill down to the specific coins in your search. While he said “thousands”, it’s actually tens of thousands of coins to search from. For those of us that prefer purchasing coins with CAC’s, you can limit your searches by writing that in their “Search” area. If I were a dealer, I’d definitely pay the fee to have my inventory included on that site. For dealers reading this, if you want me to find your coins that I need, that’s where you should go!

A day without fine wine and working on your coin collection is like a day without sunshine!!!

My collecting “Pride & Joy” is my PCGS Registry Dansco 7070 Set:
    https://www.pcgs.com/setregistry/type-sets/design-type-sets/complete-dansco-7070-modified-type-set-1796-date/publishedset/213996
  • Options
    mannie graymannie gray Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great Collections is really rocking.
    Less hassle than eBay...prices realized very strong.

• Options
    bearcavebearcave Posts: 3,993 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MrEureka said:

Most younger people would ask, What's that? I like GC the best!

Ken
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MrEureka....I thought all those phones were in museums... :D Not really, but sure have not seen one in many years.
    I agree with @keets about collectors corner.... plus the BST right here....At this point, I do believe the internet is THE venue for sales.... maybe later in the year as shops open and shows resume, it will level out. Cheers, RickO

• Options

Most younger people would ask, What's that?

if it weren't for movies and such I would agree, but pretty much everyone has seen one, but..........................to know how to USE a rotary phone is another proposition entirely!!! somebody posted a short video clip a few months ago and it took a teenager about five minutes to finally complete the call. :p

• Options

this thread has made me think of the legalistic term "Queen for a day" that pops up sometimes.

• Options
    amwldcoinamwldcoin Posts: 11,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hmmm, Will an old rotary phone still work in this modern digital age?

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,008 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's nice that all the non-dealers answered this thread. LOL

• Options
    ctf_error_coinsctf_error_coins Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭✭

My favorite online selling venue is eBay by far.

Ebay is the biggest and BEST coin store on earth.

I have a business website that I direct every one of my eBay customers to.

I use Instagram and that platform works fantastic. I can't post this week as my daughter told me of a weeklong strike on Instagram in honor of the movement of a better USA.

Online is strong for sure and getting much stronger quickly.

I am all in on Online.

• Options
    WindycityWindycity Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have my own website for higher end coins, I use eBay for Buy It Now and occasional auctions and GC occasionally.

<a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.mullencoins.com">Mullen Coins Website - Windycity Coin website
  • Options
    edited June 2, 2020 8:48AM

At my daughter urging, I am thinking about posting this on Instagram today in response to CEO Zuckerberg allowing hate speech ....

• Options
    CoinJunkieCoinJunkie Posts: 8,772 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2, 2020 8:49AM
  • Options
    ironmanl63ironmanl63 Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow just WOW!

• Options

@PerryHall said:

@ErrorsOnCoins said:
    At my daughter urging, I am thinking about posting this on Instagram today in response to CEO Zuckerberg allowing hate speech ....

Let's get away from politics for awhile. Okay? :s

How is standing up against hate speech political?

It is the right thing to do.

Silence is harmful.

• Options
    TurtleCatTurtleCat Posts: 4,594 ✭✭✭✭✭

@amwldcoin said:
    Hmmm, Will an old rotary phone still work in this modern digital age?

In the US the answer is maybe. There’s no requirement to continue supporting them but some landline carriers continue to support them. Of course if you end up with a voicemail or navigation option you’re out of luck.

This discussion has been closed.