Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

IF YOU WERE KING OF EBAY FOR A DAY

VernoVerno Posts: 325 ✭✭✭

Sellers on ebay, or x sellers on ebay,

If you were king for a day, what would you change to improve the site for coin selling?
Lower fees is a no-brainer , so lets move past that one....though I think they need to figure out a business model with no fees because they will eventually go to ZERO.

This is not meant to be a bash ebay thread, so kindly keep you snarky comments to yourself!

Thanks, RJ

Comments

• Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

make it an auction site again, everything starts at one cent. :p

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow, king for a day! I'd throw a big party, a pig roast with a live band. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options
    blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'd rid the site of the stench of cacs! Prohibited just like the counterfeits and all the nasty AT's. Oh yeah, and bring back 15% eBay bucks for ALL! Semper Fi!!

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

• Options
    jdimmickjdimmick Posts: 9,602 ✭✭✭✭✭

Implement things to improve honest sellers ability to sell and make a profit, and less hassle

• Options
    PokermandudePokermandude Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭

Sellers being able to, once again, give neutral/neg feedback to buyers. But also add some sort of metric so that prospective buyers can easily see how many/what percentage of negatives a seller has given.

That would deter scammers and major problem/PITA buyers. But also if a seller has a high percentage of problems with their buyers, a prospective buyer could also see to stay away from buying/bidding with that seller.

http://stores.ebay.ca/Mattscoin - Canadian coins, World Coins, Silver, Gold, Coin lots, Modern Mint Products & Collections
  • Options
    JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,821 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would make the refund format settle much faster.

• Options
    MasonGMasonG Posts: 6,268 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'd settle for having customer service not automatically assuming the seller is wrong when a dispute is filed by the buyer. And having customer service back up the seller when the evidence demonstrates that the buyer was at fault.

• Options
    3stars3stars Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭✭✭

One and done. One NPB or issue, no more buying for you.

Previous transactions: Wondercoin, goldman86, dmarks, Type2
  • Options
    stmanstman Posts: 11,352 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think there are enough kings of eBay around here ;)

Please... Save The Stories, Just Answer My Questions, And Tell Me How Much!!!!!
  • Options
    bearcavebearcave Posts: 3,993 ✭✭✭✭✭

You don't want to know.

Ken
  • Options
    mannie graymannie gray Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭✭✭

@bearcave said:
    You don't want to know.

You beat me to it! :D

• Options
    messydeskmessydesk Posts: 19,704 ✭✭✭✭✭

Visible ties with law enforcement, postal inspectors, and groups like the Anti-Counterfeiting Task Force so that it at least looks like they're serious about fakes and scams.

• Options
    WaterSportWaterSport Posts: 6,709 ✭✭✭✭✭

Get rid of the absolute ridiculous "Product rating" Like I am going to rate my 1918 D VF 20 cent I bought and tell them the mint did a fine job??? (they did not, it was a RPM !)

WS

Proud recipient of the coveted PCGS Forum "You Suck" Award Thursday July 19, 2007 11:33 PM and December 30th, 2011 at 8:50 PM.
  • Options
    DoubleEagle59DoubleEagle59 Posts: 8,200 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'd kick off all the sellers listing their coins at a high 'buy-it'now' price and if they wanted back on, I'd have them list their coins starting at $1.00.

"Gold is money, and nothing else" (JP Morgan, 1912)

"“Those who sacrifice liberty for security/safety deserve neither.“(Benjamin Franklin)

"I only golf on days that end in 'Y'" (DE59)
  • Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 31,994 ✭✭✭✭✭

@WaterSport said:
    Get rid of the absolute ridiculous "Product rating" Like I am going to rate my 1918 D VF 20 cent I bought and tell them the mint did a fine job??? (they did not, it was a RPM !)

WS

Actually, that's a doubly fine job. They had to make the die and then they had to repair the die!!!

• Options
    CoinJunkieCoinJunkie Posts: 8,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

All searches would take you to my store home page.

• Options
    ctf_error_coinsctf_error_coins Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2, 2020 12:04PM

eBay could hire experts in each of the collectibles categories to weed out the obvious fakes in short order.

I believe they tried this but canceled the program.

I think it could be done right.

I personally could get rid of thousands of phony error coin listings but only in that one field. eBay would have to hire an army of experts in each field to make this work.

• Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,795 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nothing...

The House of Coinkat would have to plan the Coronation ceremony only to be followed by the Abdication. Such responsibilities should not be compromised nor taken lightly.

The more conventional decisions that impact the masses... Well... I suppose there are others relegated to such matters anyway... though I will appear interested and concerned until all the food and beverages are consumed. Then the process will return where it rightfully belongs...to someone else and it will be their problem.

The legacy will be simple...

The House of Coinkat kicked the can down the road as well as anyone.

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options
    thebeavthebeav Posts: 3,755 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would keep 'Turbo-Lister' alive forever, instead of killing it next month.
    With the thousands of templates (approx. 7500) that I have in TL, my listings are going to drop off substantially when this option is gone.
    Typical of ebay, "We're dumping Turbo Lister to make ebay better for you!"

• Options
    VernoVerno Posts: 325 ✭✭✭

Has anyone tried the new Ebay "link referral" program that helps mitigate final value fees? Any success stories...does it work?

• Options
    JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,821 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would let @ricko take over for me.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file