Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Coin Geek--restoration submission

logger7logger7 Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ben had mixed results on these coins: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFSs2oWh6fo

Comments

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Interesting.... Good video comparing before and after....Thanks for posting this. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    CommencentsCommencents Posts: 349 ✭✭✭

Informative. Wonder what chems PCGS uses when conserving.

• Options
    DelawareDoonsDelawareDoons Posts: 3,241 ✭✭✭✭✭

A lot of coins that are artificially toned are toned to cover up a cleaning, and that seems to be a lesson the video creator learned here.

Professional Numismatist. "It's like God, Family, Country, except Sticker, Plastic, Coin."

• Options
    ms70ms70 Posts: 13,946 ✭✭✭✭✭

I sent an AU53 coin in with what appeared to be a liquid stain over nice original golden toning. It came back blast fission white. Not how an AU53 should look. I wish they took the time to warn me and I would've lived with the stain.

Great transactions with oih82w8, JasonGaming, Moose1913.

• Options
    jdimmickjdimmick Posts: 9,596 ✭✭✭✭✭

I watched that this am, he scored on the proof indian. I am not sure what posses him to send in a cleaned coin for conservation, cleaned is cleaned, conservation usually wont rectify that

• Options

Also an Unc cleaned Bust half late date is not worth a thousand, other price estimates I see him making seem to be extremely unlikely. Problem coins are hard to sell.

• Options
    JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,813 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you for posting the video!

• Options
    WhitWhit Posts: 316 ✭✭✭

Thank you, Ben. That is a very interesting post. May I ask ... what was your recording apparatus?

Whit.

Whit
  • Options

@Whit said:
    Thank you, Ben. That is a very interesting post. May I ask ... what was your recording apparatus?

Whit.

You can ask him on his youtube page.

• Options
    jedmjedm Posts: 2,940 ✭✭✭✭✭

I really like the look of the 1891 S Morgan. Thanks for posting @logger7

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file