Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins
Options

WTB – Ch/Gem Jefferson 5c and Washington 25c - 1938 to 1954

pursuitoflibertypursuitofliberty Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hey BST'ers :)

Tough to find time to get out to shops (probably not that many {or any} open right now), and eBay is just, well … actually, more painful than it ever was (if that's possible).

After taking a long break, I recently started to get the collecting bug again, and I am trying to figure out how to pursue a side project I can keep close (in addition to searching for other items that won't be).

If you have some Choice/Gem pieces from 1938 to 1954 (all mints), for either the Jefferson or Washington series, I would be seriously interested. I’ll define this as what can be most commonly considered nice MS-63 to 65 material. The stuff you might slab, but probably won’t, because the cost of the plastic doesn’t always weigh the return if the grading god's aren't smiling.

I want these to be problem-free, but they don’t have to be slabbed. I like toning but natural “white” pieces are fine. I appreciate strong strikes, but am okay without “full-strike” features and designations. I am not a fan of unsightly and rangy dogs or boinked pieces.

All of these will end up raw (even if they are slabbed now), and will be going into some Wayte Raymond boards I took home from storage.

Duplicates are okay, but I am only concentrating on these dates for this project.

Shoot me a PM with what you have, and let’s talk!

Thanks!!

Todd

I have references from some of the old timers here and on the PM boards, but it’s been 7 years since I’ve been active here. I will say this, and I’m pretty sure no one will argue (if they do, I want to hear about it), when it comes to the BST I am no BS … if you keep your end of the bargain, I’ll always keep mine.

“We are only their care-takers,” he posed, “if we take good care of them, then centuries from now they may still be here … ”

Todd - BHNC #242