Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

LAUNCH IS A GO! DOCKING IS TAKING PLACE RIGHT NOW 10 AM EST SUNDAY

spacehaydukespacehayduke Posts: 5,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 31, 2020 6:49AM in U.S. Coin Forum

We need this, post your space related coins.

Best, SH

Successful transactions with-Boosibri,lkeigwin,TomB,Broadstruck,coinsarefun,Type2,jom,ProfLiz, UltraHighRelief,Barndog,EXOJUNKIE,ldhair,fivecents,paesan,Crusty...

Comments

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I do not have any space related coins (except for Ike dollars with the moon on it)...but will be watching this launch....Great to see us back in space...Cheers, RickO

• Options
    291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,945 ✭✭✭✭✭

Where is Walter Cronkite when we need him!

All glory is fleeting.
  • Options
    koynekwestkoynekwest Posts: 10,048 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm watching it live now (3 PM.)

• Options
    SmudgeSmudge Posts: 9,259 ✭✭✭✭✭

About time.

• Options

T-10:00

Successful transactions with-Boosibri,lkeigwin,TomB,Broadstruck,coinsarefun,Type2,jom,ProfLiz, UltraHighRelief,Barndog,EXOJUNKIE,ldhair,fivecents,paesan,Crusty...
  • Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,252 ✭✭✭✭✭

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,789 ✭✭✭✭✭

Liftoff!

• Options
    JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,821 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great!

• Options
    keyman64keyman64 Posts: 15,456 ✭✭✭✭✭

It was great to watch a successful launch! B)

"If it's not fun, it's not worth it." - KeyMan64
    Looking for Top Pop Mercury Dime Varieties & High Grade Mercury Dime Toners. :smile:
  • Options
    koynekwestkoynekwest Posts: 10,048 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great to see!

• Options
    rmuniakrmuniak Posts: 267 ✭✭✭

God speed Doug and Bob

A world without coins "Chaos"

• Options
    thebeavthebeav Posts: 3,758 ✭✭✭✭✭

Boy, that was exciting !
    Hope to catch the link-up tomorrow.......

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,789 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nothing against the Russians but it is nice to be able to take our own ride into space.

• Options
    dpooledpoole Posts: 5,940 ✭✭✭✭✭

Boy, we needed that! Great launch!!

Not technically a space coin, but it started it all:

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭✭✭

"I'm sorry Dave, I can't do that".....

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options

Having watched the launch on the ABC network broadcast I will say again ... where is Walter Cronkite when we need him?

All glory is fleeting.
  • Options
    BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,342 ✭✭✭✭✭

That was cool.... B)

• Options

@BryceM said:
    I was at work a couple of days ago and realized I was the only one in our office of 8 people who was alive the last time American astronauts took a ride on a new American spacecraft. The shuttle was OK but ate up all the budget and took us no further than low earth orbit. This launch today was very fun to watch. I made darn sure my kids were watching too. Seemed to take forever to accelerate away from the tower.

I’ve followed the SpaceX program for several years and absolutely love the progress they’ve made. It brings out the engineer geek in me. My favorite thing is the way they land & reuse the first stage, even after NASA told them doing it wasn’t possible. That Elon guy is a tad out of round, but a visionary the likes of which we haven’t seen for many years.

I thought it accelerated away quick compared to the old Saturn V launches. That behemoth needed some serious thrust to get off the ground and you could see the effort............

Was truly cool to see that they landed the reusable first stage.

Best, SH

• Options
    SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭✭✭

Watched the launch yesterday, called my 15 year old daughter down to watch. Her response was "oh, who cares?" I remember space launches Apollo 17 in 1972 and even watched the actual landing and moonwalk. Maybe it is just a generational thing - I like space stuff - was excited for the Apollo-Soyuz docking in 1975 and collect the memorabilia from both programmes.

In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • Options

I can't help but thinking ... the Imperial Storm Troopers have arrived at the International Space Station. :)

All glory is fleeting.
  • Options
    ReadyFireAimReadyFireAim Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sweet launch & the docking went off without any problems also.
    They also got to fly it by hand for a few minutes to test it out.
    The Merlin engine is nice but I'm looking forward to seeing the Raptor on the launch platform.

POTUS has apparently been talking to Bridenstein about a massive funding increase.
    This might be the beginning of something really mind blowing.

• Options
    CameonutCameonut Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭✭✭

Brought tears to my eyes. We are finally back in space!

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." - Thomas Jefferson

My digital cameo album 1950-64 Cameos - take a look!

• Options
    1northcoin1northcoin Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭✭✭

Too bad this historic event got overshadowed by the riots.

• Options
    1northcoin1northcoin Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭✭✭

Definitely an event to remember:

And it was quite impressive to see the rocket not only return to earth for reuse, but how it landed upright on a ship in the ocean:

• Options
    GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,866 ✭✭✭✭✭

This is absolutely amazing!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dm__ZSLc6Is
  • Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,695 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very cool. 😀

• Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,695 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    mcarney1173mcarney1173 Posts: 900 ✭✭✭✭✭

“While people planning trips to stars
    Allow another boulevard to claim
    A quiet country lane
    It's insane.”
    -Neil Young, “Here We Are In The Years”, 1969

“They can put a man on the moon quite easy
    While people here on earth are dying of old diseases“
    -Black Sabbath, “Wicked World”, 1969

• Options
    TomBTomB Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm also of the generation who witnessed the Apollo missions and recall the first landing on the moon. However, try as I might, my high school aged daughters are not space geeks in the slightest. They will watch the movies "Apollo 13" and "First Man" with me, and sometimes "The Martian", but they zone out on even the best produced documentary footage.

Thomas Bush Numismatics & Numismatic Photography

In honor of the memory of Cpl. Michael E. Thompson

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file